Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have these risers on their superglide

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 07:45 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 526 Likes on 364 Posts
Default Does anyone have these risers on their superglide

These are called bikers choice domed pullback risers with at 3" rise and 3" pullback. They look awkward but I was wondering if they would work with my existing stock handlebars. These are about 70 bucks so they are better than paying 150 for rivco risers or something similar will a pullback

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone have these risers on their superglide-0000-bikers-choice-domed-pullback-risers-chrome.jpg  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that all the pullback you are looking for?

The reason I ask is that you can get some Duece style risers that look a bit nicer...and are cheaper to boot. $44.00
http://www.kcint2.com/product/60-34-...EY-DAVIDS.html

On my Bob along with the drags. Both bikes have a 2" tank lift.....would sell these cheap since I switched out bars:

On my brother's 2006 Super along with the Accutronix mount and guage housing from older Super:

Last edited by Mascman; 07-13-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:10 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Actually that is the look I am trying to get at. I'm not that tall and have a reach of about 2 feet from my armpit. According to your link its about a 6 inch rise with about 2.75in pullback. That should be enough, but with drag bars, I wanted to use Fatbob bars since they have about a 7in. pullback from the center. I'm trying to replicate the Fatbob look but with a pullback.

The only thing Im afraid of is that if I do a setup similar to yours, the reach from the stock bars might be the same or even further with the drag bars.

So when you swapped your stock bars (buckhorns) with the drag bars and risers, was the reach the same or did the bars come closer to you.

Did you get the bars from the same website you sent me?

Thanks

Last edited by vizcarmb; 07-13-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From my pit to my wrist / beginning of palm is 22".

I had mini apes so can't answer the buckhorn question.

With the drags, I did end up putting a 2" spacer under it, which in turn raised and increrased pullback just a little.

I am about 20lbs lighter now, but here is the setup with the extra spacer.

Now, I have had spinal decompression therapy so i can't lean forward, if you have a good back, I would think it would be fine even without the spacer.

My brother did have to bend the metal line on the brake, but the cables are long enough for this setup.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Now I have a general idea on what I want to do.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Biker Chad
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIVCO FXD017 Risers

RIVCO's solid billet FXD017 risers go up 1" and back 2" over the stock riser heght and they do not require you to change your cables / wires out for longer ones (you can keep the stock cables / wires). You use the stock riser cap with RIVCO risers as well, I like this because my bike has a nice Harley logo on the riser cap that I wanted to keep. Installation on a Superglide will require you to remove the black plastic cover from rear of the Speedo then use a file or a Dremil tool to grind the raised screw guides off the cast aluminum speedo housing. I installed these risers on a freinds Superglide, the mod is easy it only took me a few minutes. I also have these risers on my 2006 Street Bob (the only year Street Bob that these risers will fit on), I would not ride without them. They made a world of difference.