Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:16 AM
CB1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i cross the amps over, this eleminates low bass, to be honest even my 6x9 set up you can not get bass to your ears as you ride as it breaks up so fast in the wind. you get solid mids and highs out of the unit with a light under tone of the lows with the cross over. the 500 watt with polk audio have had over 85MPH no shield and could sing right along, wth the shield on there well past 100 mph no issues at all, clear as a bell!
JRK, is the sound level w/ mph using a iPod touch/nano or a shuffle. In your video you are using a shuffle. If I can get good sound using a shuffle that would be freakin awsome! I use a shuffle with the cycle sounds now back and forth to work and with ear buds on the higway trips. Like the idea of it I loose it or break it I'm only out $50 bucks. Was using a ipod classic but it started freezing up. Bumps i guess.

cknight, look forward to your review.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:33 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The sound quality from a nano to a 60GB touch is the same. It has nothing to do with the Ipod, but with the volume and amp.

At least, that is what I have been told before by tech guys.

Still, when I plug my Ipod touch into the car and then my wife's shuffle, there is no difference in quality.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 AM
CB1
Tourer

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
The sound quality from a nano to a 60GB touch is the same. It has nothing to do with the Ipod, but with the volume and amp.

At least, that is what I have been told before by tech guys.

Still, when I plug my Ipod touch into the car and then my wife's shuffle, there is no difference in quality.
The difference is with the ability to have an eq or listening modes. The shuffle doesn't have that ability. I should have been more specific. On a car/house stereo with bass and trebble settings you probably won't be able to tell the difference. But when it just an amp and speakers with no head unit you can or at least I can on the cycle sounds system. BTW the best setting I found with the classic iPod was the piano setting if I remember right. With the shuffle I get all highs when i have to crank it up some. Any deeper tones go away to include the voices, pretty much all lead guitar if its rock at that point. If the bag speakers keep a nice lower tone in them even with a shuffle at higher volumes and I can hear the music and lyrics that is a win! Hell if I need to I'll buy a 4th or 5th gen nano off of craigs list.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:08 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ah makes more sense!

Old 08-06-2011, 06:49 PM
cknight98
Cruiser

well guys, i just bought this bag stereo from Joe less than a month ago. i absolutely love this thing, it rocks! but...i'll be trading my Super Glide in for a Road Glide (picking it up first of next week), and this stereo bag wont be used. i hate to see such an awesome stereo just laying around, so i'm offering it up for sale here... its a 500w system with Polk audio speakers inside. i got it off Joe for $300, i've used it literally 4 times. i'd like to get $280 shipped to the lower 48 for it.

EDIT: and its sold pending funds now

Last edited by cknight98; 08-07-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:04 AM
leepetersusn
Tourer

Ok, I think I am convinced and this is the way I am going to go. I need some tunes and don't like having to wear my earbuds. Now I just need to convince the wife!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:08 AM
BlackhawkDriver
Tourer

SMH thought I was done with mods for this year....

Old 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Attached to bars

I would love to see a close-up photo, maybe multi-angles, of the bag installed on a dyna. Doesn't the bar obstruct the speaker holes in the bag? Do they vibrate against the bar? So the front of the bag faces frorward and the back with the speaker holes faces the rider....correct?

Old 08-15-2011, 01:45 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

the bar does not obstruct it at all bud, back of the bag is punched out to allow sound to come though. it is all secure, so no vibrations bud

Old 08-15-2011, 01:48 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cknight98
well guys, i just bought this bag stereo from Joe less than a month ago. i absolutely love this thing, it rocks! but...i'll be trading my Super Glide in for a Road Glide (picking it up first of next week), and this stereo bag wont be used. i hate to see such an awesome stereo just laying around, so i'm offering it up for sale here... its a 500w system with Polk audio speakers inside. i got it off Joe for $300, i've used it literally 4 times. i'd like to get $280 shipped to the lower 48 for it.

EDIT: and its sold pending funds now
great to see you where able to off load this! enjoy the new scoot!!!

Quick Reply: Speakers?