Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batwing on the FLD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:14 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Batwing on the FLD?

So, how long till we see a batwing fairing on an FLD to make the theft of the FLH Shovelhead styling cues complete? I really like the bikes style and I know its going to be popular... so I know this is coming. Just curious I guess.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

funny you mention that.
I saw a ad for the "All New Dyna Bat Wing" by Memphis shades. Was in a biker magazine, cant for the life of me remember what one.
Anyhow, I got home and looked on the Memphis site, and its "not avail" yet. lol.
looks like they might have got the leak before us somehow!

Old 07-27-2011, 01:20 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That will look good.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts

Well, it's not really theft since the FLH was their design anyways.
They designed the Dyna was design to resemble the Shovel era bikes (remember when the 93 Dyna Wide Glide came out?) I'd love to find one of those 70's Batwings to put on my Heritage for long rides (seen one on a Fatboy)
I'm not crazy about the aftermarket with the huge Ghetto blaster stereos. But I guess Hank Williams Jr would still sound good crankin out of those.

The FLD needs the ribbed chrome battery cover. And sh__can those wheels . . . Those are butt-ugly.
Other than that . . . Sweet. In fact . . . I am going over to San Jose Harley to look at one right now (haven't seen one in person yet)

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
So, how long till we see a batwing fairing on an FLD to make the theft of the FLH Shovelhead styling cues complete? I really like the bikes style and I know its going to be popular... so I know this is coming. Just curious I guess.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:44 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

also needs some chrome trim on the front fender , fat 16" wheel and tire on the front . maybe whitewalls and spokes on both ends . light bar with passing lamps , engine guard and bag guards wouldn't hurt either .
you could go all out and make it look like an FLH by painting the batwing and the bags white , although i'd kinda hate to do that to that sweet red paint job the FLD comes with

Old 07-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Live2rideUtah
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would look pretty sweet if they did come out with that, probably sooner than later if the sales are good on the bike and from what I have seen, they are a hot item.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 PM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well here it is in a way........... The perspective and scale is a little off as well as the color shade but it gives an idea of what it "could" look like.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:52 PM
biketroll
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was at my local HD dealer today, talking to a parts guy about the fld, so he brings me out back and shows one to me. The bike looks a lot better in person, Il ike it.!

Old 07-27-2011, 06:31 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,198 Likes on 1,945 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryLives
funny you mention that.
I saw a ad for the "All New Dyna Bat Wing" by Memphis shades. Was in a biker magazine, cant for the life of me remember what one.
Anyhow, I got home and looked on the Memphis site, and its "not avail" yet. lol.
looks like they might have got the leak before us somehow!
The Dyna Fairing is available, I have one on my Wideglide. But it will not fit the FLD because it is made for the small headlight. It is available at lots of suppliers and Dennis Kirk is one of them. Part #233640. The Road King fairing would work on the FLD but you would have to figure out which mounts to get or modify.

Attached Thumbnails Batwing on the FLD?-003.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts
Thumbs up

Well !!! Pretty f-in' sweet !!!! In person? Nice !!
I take back what I said about the wheels. They're not so bad. Not custom wheels I'd pick out, but ok.
I agree with a previous post. I'd prefer 16's frt & rr.

Other than a few of the obvious changes (bars etc) a nice fit. Very comfortable . . AND if you look at the specs, it's 50 lbs lighter than a Heritage and it is noticable too.
I'm going to ride one on the next demo-ride day.

I'd have to put a chrome batt/cover on it.

Sweet machine . . . And that red is awesome.

I see Harley selling a sh--load of these. It was drawing the most attn of any of the 2012's there on the showroom. They're smart too. Right in the door on the way in. You walk straight to it.

Quick Reply: Batwing on the FLD?