Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outlaw ultra low profile helmet

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Cazimere
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres his site but i think he's sold out of the Outlaw REAL CARBON FIBER DOT Motorcycle Helmet FLAT BLACK .

I bought 2. A large for me and a XL for a friend. It was too big for him, so i'm going to either sell it or return it.
If Dan gets more in, i'm gettin another large.

Last edited by Cazimere; 08-24-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:43 PM
CaptCaveman
5th Gear

Got my Outlaw Ultra Low a couple days back. I was worried when I saw this thread start complaining about the increased size of the padding. I have to say mine is as thin as I'd like it to be. I guess I got lucky. I got an XL for my fat head and it fits like a glove. See the pics below compared to my HD Dot helmet.

Outlaw ultra low profile helmet-helmet1.jpg

Outlaw ultra low profile helmet-helmet2.jpg

Old 08-27-2011, 03:26 AM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn,I ordered the wrong helmet, & now they are out of stock.I need a large Outlaw Ultra low profile,the glossy carbon fiber!! Any ideal when they will have some more in stock???

Old 09-04-2011, 09:31 PM
42benny
Stage IV

Originally Posted by CaptCaveman
Got my Outlaw Ultra Low a couple days back. I was worried when I saw this thread start complaining about the increased size of the padding. I have to say mine is as thin as I'd like it to be. I guess I got lucky. I got an XL for my fat head and it fits like a glove. See the pics below compared to my HD Dot helmet.

Attachment 203798

Attachment 203799
Who did you order yours from?

Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang951
OK here we go with my helmets....

The one on the very left is an Outlaw skull and roses, normal Outlaw profile (my wife's helmet).
The one in the middle is the Outlaw Ultra Low Profile helmet.
The one on the right side is my ACC Carbon DOT helmet.

NOW DON'T BE SCARED, there is no makeup here and the face has not been changed to protect the innocent.....

Scroll down at your own risk:

This is the regular Outlaw Helmet with the skulls and roses:

This one is the Outlaw ultra low profile helmet that it seems that everyone is confusing with regular helmet:

This is the ACC Carbon helmet:

And for ***** and giggles, this is an HJC CS-2N Blade Half Helmet:

No chance to rise yet, but the Outlaw Ultra low is heavier than the ACC Carbon helmet. Not sure exactly because I don't have a scale small enough to measure the weights. The regular outlaw is third heaviest and obviously the HJC is the heaviest. It seems that HJC uses the same shell for all sizes of their half helmets. I don't think that there is a whole lot of difference between the Outlaw and the ACC, especially comparing the differences in price.
I actually like the look and shape of the ACC helmet better. Seems like it sits lower than the Outlaw. Where can I pick up one of those? Thanks!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:40 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dude, stop............please, just stop.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

ACC is no more. they were shut down because the helmets did not meet DOT specs. If I remember right they were given several opportunities to get it right but failed. I liked mine and didnt send it back, not that I was ever officially notified of the recall anyway.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Paulflhx
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the Outlaw Ultra low matte carbon finish. The carbon weave looks awesome in matte. Great helmet, but I will like it better once I permanently adjust the straps so they are shorter in front, to prevent it from moving way back on my head while riding. Need to take it to a shoemaker to sew the straps once I have them in the right position.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:08 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulflhx
I have the Outlaw Ultra low matte carbon finish. The carbon weave looks awesome in matte. Great helmet, but I will like it better once I permanently adjust the straps so they are shorter in front, to prevent it from moving way back on my head while riding. Need to take it to a shoemaker to sew the straps once I have them in the right position.
I tried to get a guy that repairs leather to sew my straps on a helmet once, said he would not touch it, too much liability. I am so glad we have an abundance of lawyers to help protect us.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:47 AM
2014streetglide
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I sent mine back. After comparing it to a bunch of different helmets it's smaller by a 1/4" than the other smaller ones (skid lid, daytona). I actually took the helmet to a bunch of different dealers to compare and measure lol I found the HCI 100 series was more narrow but like 1/4" longer. When I tried them on the HCI looked better on me. Not as much as a shroom head as the ultra low outlaw. I think it all depends on your head shape for all these helmets. Just my opinion. Btw still waiting on my refund for a week now from leather up. Guess I better call them.