Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

modding has started, just installed Thundermax w autotune on my new fatbob

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 AM
SlimDudeonObeseBob11
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modding has started, just installed Thundermax w autotune on my new fatbob

My bike is otherwise stock and only has 300 miles on it but I had to start modding it. I have a python 2 into 1 pipe ready to be installed and high flow air filter coming soon, but even stock the bike runs so much better with the T-max tuner. Runs cooler and smoother idles better and slow speed handling is improved.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:42 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 08-19-2011, 10:16 AM
SlimDudeonObeseBob11
Novice

Originally Posted by WG2011
lol, ok here ya go, this is before T-max install but it looks exactly the same after install, more pics to come after python pipe install and air cleaner

Attached Thumbnails modding has started, just installed Thundermax w autotune on my new fatbob-i7349_img0079.jpg  
Old 08-19-2011, 10:43 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh my fault thought you had it all installed all ready, well post those pics when it happens to haha

Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 AM
craig11dyna
Tourer

Originally Posted by SlimDudeonObeseBob11
My bike is otherwise stock and only has 300 miles on it but I had to start modding it. I have a python 2 into 1 pipe ready to be installed and high flow air filter coming soon, but even stock the bike runs so much better with the T-max tuner. Runs cooler and smoother idles better and slow speed handling is improved.
Newbe question here. I have a 2011 Dyna Super Glide and am interested in tuners. I have a Predator Tuner for my Corvette and installed their performance tune which just connects to the OBD2 port under the dash. Very simple to do. What is the T-Max auto tuner and how do you install/tune with it?

Last edited by craig11dyna; 08-19-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 AM
SlimDudeonObeseBob11
Novice

Originally Posted by craig11dyna
Newbe question here. I have a 2011 Dyna Super Glide and am interested in tuners. I have a Predator Tuner for my Corvette and installed their performance tune which just connects to the OBD2 port under the dash. Very simple to do. What is the T-Max auto tuner and how do you install/tune with it?
Thundermax with autotune is a complete ECU replacement for the factory ECU, the autotune component includes wide band oxygen sensors that replace the narrow band factory oxygen senors. The Thundermax ECU can be connected to a computer and maps are then uploaded to the ECU to control timing, fuel injection etc. They have several maps to use depending on your configuration of pipes, air cleaner, cams etc. The nice thing is once it's installed if you add different mods to the bike you can upload a different map to compensate. The autotune oxygen sensors will further tune to compensate for outside air temp, altitude, air density etc.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:34 PM
CatEyeDallas
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlimDudeonObeseBob11
Thundermax with autotune is a complete ECU replacement for the factory ECU, the autotune component includes wide band oxygen sensors that replace the narrow band factory oxygen senors. The Thundermax ECU can be connected to a computer and maps are then uploaded to the ECU to control timing, fuel injection etc. They have several maps to use depending on your configuration of pipes, air cleaner, cams etc. The nice thing is once it's installed if you add different mods to the bike you can upload a different map to compensate. The autotune oxygen sensors will further tune to compensate for outside air temp, altitude, air density etc.
That's exactly right. Most folks that like changing their bike around every now and then and can save a lot of money by not needing to remap every time they perform a mod. Also, if you're touring, it can adjust to the new conditions in each environment. I'd say the biggest thing is just the piece of mind that you're bang on tuned up no matter what.

-Dallas

Old 08-19-2011, 05:53 PM
08streetbobbin
Cruiser

Has anyone tried the SE Tuner

Old 08-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Great choice, I went with SE High flow AIR, T-max, Fuel-moto Ceramic lined Headers and woods 555's cams and the push rod kit. HOLY CANOLI!!!!! sixth gear is like fourth and that is scary when you already doing 95 on the slab. Man I just cant say enough for thundermax. I just love it. well worth the money!!!

Old 08-20-2011, 10:06 AM
SlimDudeonObeseBob11
Novice

Originally Posted by Timmy B
Great choice, I went with SE High flow AIR, T-max, Fuel-moto Ceramic lined Headers and woods 555's cams and the push rod kit. HOLY CANOLI!!!!! sixth gear is like fourth and that is scary when you already doing 95 on the slab. Man I just cant say enough for thundermax. I just love it. well worth the money!!!
That's similar to what I have planned. I will add high flow air, I have python 2into1 already and will install that soon. Fuel-moto headquarters is less than an hour from where I live, I plan to go talk to them and probably pick up a set of woods 555 cams.