Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar Bumper Stop? Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 11:15 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm mystified as to why your bars turn farther to the right than to the left. Is it just me or does that seem odd? I just looked at mine again and there is plenty of clearance (and I have a 2" Jackyl lift installed). Hmmmmm...

Old 10-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
What is a DRKHOG? Is that like the next level after SITH? I'm not questioning your mileage. I could care less really.

You want to spend 2x the money to buy a tank instead of just getting that dent fixed? I posted in another thread that I had my tank fixed last year for $100. That was dents pulled, stripped and primed for paint from an auto-body guy.

You could probably pop that dent out.

What do I know. It's your money.
DRKHOG is my license plate after naming my baby

I agree wholeheartedly with you; fix the dent. So the plan is buy a damaged tank online for $40-$80, auto body guy fix it, powder coat it and swap out my current tank, then post the current tank online for sale to break even. Money out of pocket temporarily, down only a couple, few hours, all good.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
I'm mystified as to why your bars turn farther to the right than to the left. Is it just me or does that seem odd? I just looked at mine again and there is plenty of clearance (and I have a 2" Jackyl lift installed). Hmmmmm...
Can't figure it out either. Thanks to HD Forums and the helpful members though able to figure it out with numerous solutions and DK Custom Products taking care of members with their superior products helping fix another companies sub par tank lift.

Great forum, awesome members and amazing DK Custom Products service & support!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:47 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

have an auto body guy fix it then powder? bud you can not powder over body filler, it has to be welded or brazed in... even powder fillers blow and do not hold shape very well in an oven on thin sheet metal like a tank... if your going to powder it make sure it is a perfect tank... i would personally bring it to dent busters or somethign liek that, they have pulled front tank dents out for me several times for customers