Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Quote for exhaust/Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 PM
squarej
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For about 900 shipped I got a set of vance and hines Big Shots, A Fuel Moto air cleaner, FM chrome AC cover and a FM branded tuner with download (PCIII).
I did the install myself. took a few hours. struggled a little but a break and a couple questions answered here along with a second set of hands (wife) and it was done. I am an electronic geek, basic wrench abilities.
Call FM and get a full exhaust for a little more than what you spend on slip ons you will get a full exhaust, tuner and life time downloads.
Just my thoughts..

Old 01-23-2012, 05:17 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

When I got my bike I wanted it to sound like a Harley so I did the Rush slip-ons,
I just added a K+N air filter element only then to compensate for for the lean mix I added a set of Xieds.
The bike ran great for a year till I spent all over again with a complete exhaust an auto tuner and a high flow intake. So much better.
I should of just saved my money and waited till I could do it right. But hine sight is always 20/20.
Either way it's fun.
You make the call it's your hard earned money.
I gave my rush away to friend with his sporty rocket project.
I still have my Xieds in case I ever have a tuner problem I can just slap them on.
My friends are glad I got rid of the Rush because my exhaust is quieter now.
At least I did all the work myself and didn't throw that money away.

Last edited by stilup; 01-23-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:19 AM
atretes1
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed full exhaust and used power vision for the tuner for $1,141 from fuel moto. The dealer wanted to charge $1,800. It was defiantly worth it. Believe me I was just in the same boat as you and glad I did it myself.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Piratebonz
Advanced

I saved about 400 clams on my 11 FXDC putting the exhaust and A/C on myself.

Took me a little more than 3 hours for both, that includes wandering around my garage looking for the wrenches and sockets I just had in my hand a minute ago, and going back to dealer for the correct exhaust gaskets for my Big Radius pipes, 30 minute round trip.

The SERT, I obviously had to take it in for that, it set me back just under $700 for that whole pkg, dyno included.

Had I to do it all over again, I would have saved a few more coins and gone with one of the onboard fuel managers popular in this forum. Still, I'm happy with my scooter, hope you are too felt.

David

Old 01-23-2012, 08:34 AM
skinless
Road Captain

try and do it yourself. If you have any questions during the install you do have this forum to ask questions.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:02 AM
petewerner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by felt918
Thanks for all the input. Well then full exhaust and ac with a tuner it is.....
Well there is one more consideration, that would be cams while u r doing /getting the work done. U would not want to pay for doing another tune later when u realize how much diff. it makes to replace the cams.
Do it all once and forget about it.
Also saves on shop time doing it all at once. I tour and wanted warranty, and I wanted to use 6th gear like I used to use 5th on my 5 speeds...
The work I had done was all part of the new bike purchase, so Harley did all of the work and it was $1826.27 for everything, installed. I'm very happy with the extra power and although I would get more with a head change, other non HD cams, 2-1 pipe etc. I think that if I want more it would be better to just buy the 120R and slap that puppy in and feel it!
There is my opinion, worthless to most, but free...

Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

can yo uchange your own oil? if so you can do the stuff
yourself in less than an hour

when i had my 11 wide glide i changed out the slip ons
(Rush were bought on ebay for $150 shipped) in about 15 minutes
with basic hand tools and another 25 minutes for the crossbones AC
swap out (bought off of the classifieds here for $40 shipped)
and you can plug in a set of XiEDS in about 5 minutes.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by felt918
I Just dropped of my 2012 FXDB for my first 1,000 mile service. Talking to the the Service Writer he said they were running a special for Rush slip-on's and a high flow intake with a download for about 750.00. Is this a deal?
MSRP for FXDB slip-ons is $339.95 with a standard cut and chrome finish.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:31 PM
felt918
Intermediate

Thanks to every one who posted. I'm pretty happy with the bike, other than it sounds like a sewing machine. When I bought my 98 Softail all the goodies were on it, So I'm new to the whole exhaust and intake buying. Not to mention this 96 runs like a raped ape next to my 80ci. Performance wise I love it. Just need it to sound like it is suppose to.
There is something wrong when you pull into work and your buddy says hey did you ride the Harley because I didn't hear you roll in?