Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Concern-People tell me apes tired's ur arms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:05 PM
scottystreetbob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Concern-People tell me apes tired's ur arms?

hey- my plan are some 14inch apes soon on my street bob and people at my work that ryde or others say they here apes will make your arms fall asleep and your front end will feel wobbly? is this true i am sure it could? depending on how fast ur going and everybodys body is different-anybody have problems? thanks for the concern!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:33 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

its not true, however... depending on how much you ride your arms are going to grow longer because of the parachute effect of hanging in the wind. Apes are great for tree climbers

Old 02-05-2012, 11:53 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I love my apes. I had the stock 10" and they hurt my back. My 15s I can ride longer with no back pain. Fatigue is fatigue IMO and I'd rather have it with no back pain. Choose what is comfortable to you because everybody is different. I've hit 120mph once with my apes and no wobble. My wobble came from a crappy rear tire, now it's gone since I replaced it. And my hands fell asleep with the lower apes not the 15s.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:58 PM
theoneandonlyhoppy
Advanced

I rode apes back in the 70's and the problem I had was sitting upright in the wind. Around town riding was great, but a long highway trip was very tiring.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

With 14", you should have no problems. Your hand should generally be lower that your shoulders. Too high and you have circulation problems over long distances.

Sit upright, and place your hands out front where they feel comfortable and have some measure the difference.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:18 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Your hands should be ideally be 12 or more inches lower than your shoulders to avoid circulation problems in your arms and hands.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 AM
BallisticVoodoo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the stock 10" apes on my Bob and as much as I like them I'm switching out to some track bars. Unfortunately for me I have carpel tunnel and my hands fall asleep pretty fast. Circulation problems aside I think the apes are great.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:07 AM
mctecnica
Advanced

This guy doesn't seem to have a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-1O6cLKa4

Old 02-06-2012, 06:57 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My hands fall asleep pretty fast with apes.They will fall asleep or go numb with pretty much anything but with a lower bar it takes allot longer.I makes sense with a lower bar your circulation isn't fighting gravity.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:12 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Do you plan to ride the interstate for hours on end with no windshield and without stopping? If so, them apes are probably not your best choice in handlebars. For most conditions other than high speed extended cruising, I am far more comfortable with my 13 inch bars than I ever was with the stock bars. But thats just me.

Quick Reply: Concern-People tell me apes tired's ur arms?