Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P.o.s. Rear fender cracked !

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Napalmspork
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine cracked, so i bolted on an '08 fender

Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Time for a full fender. At least thats what I would do..... Did

Last edited by bikerlaw; 03-15-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:17 PM
cursedspirit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by junior07
There is about a 3/4 inch gap between the bottom of the tail light and the top of the licence plate when it comes stoick. I removed the licence plate bracket, re-drilled the holes and moved the plate up snug to the light. I also put a cheap chrome licence plate holder around the plate itself. I have not had any problems. This may just be luck though.

That license plate holder is what Harley said was cracking my fender on my 2010 SB. I am on my third fender currently and with this one I took the license holder off and I will be damned still got a solid fender. Just a heads up there.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:38 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

I'm also on my third fender, they told me when they replaced it the last time that the moco strengthened it. I will be moving the licence plate though before it cracks again. I'm sure your dealer knows about this defect and will replace it for you.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 PM
STREETWALKER
Cruiser

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Should a full fender cost more? Dealer was reasonable and offered to replace it with the same one. I asked about the full fender and the guy called me back with a $250.00 price for the longer fender. That is without the light and hardware. Seems kind of high to me. Also I believe that he was checking on a new super glide fender. is the sg fender different from the 06-08 sb? He is looking in to that and I should know something tomorrow. I just feel better bouncing this off you guys on here before I get screwed by dealer. also, the two bikes were exactly the same price when i bought mine (new) so i think the full fender should be the same $$. I just want to know if i am beinh unreasonable before i start acting like an a$$ up there.
Thanks! Walker

Last edited by STREETWALKER; 03-15-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spellin errer
Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 PM
cursedspirit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I could get out of Harley was the stock fender. I talked to my dealer and wanted to go with either the bobtail fender or a WG fender with the boxed tail light. They checked on both for me and gave me a crazy price for each. I will ride this fender out until the winter and decide what I want to do then. GL with Harley the last fender they wanted pictures of the bike and trying to give me the run around about pipes,tuner, and what not.. Just stand your ground with them.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:10 AM
DoubleZ
Tourer

I was told I had to pay 250 for the full fender. It's gonna cost Harley more than that if they replace my cracked fender another couple of times so
F-em If Harley wants to keep replacing the cracked one for free instead of giving me another style for free then they can go right ahead

Old 03-17-2012, 08:16 AM
STREETWALKER
Cruiser

Sometimes you wonder about a company who would rather send out three or four brand new fenders when they know they will have to replace them instead of just saying sorry we made a bad design. And here take the fender that we know won't crack. I guess that would just make too much sense. It would be so easy for HD to turn thier customer service reputation around. They would get more customers and in this case save money on sheet metal. We all buy these bikes knowing what a pain in the *** they can be. Alright I'm done bitching.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:27 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by STREETWALKER
Thanks for the feedback fellas. Should a full fender cost more? Dealer was reasonable and offered to replace it with the same one. I asked about the full fender and the guy called me back with a $250.00 price for the longer fender. That is without the light and hardware. Seems kind of high to me. Also I believe that he was checking on a new super glide fender. is the sg fender different from the 06-08 sb? He is looking in to that and I should know something tomorrow. I just feel better bouncing this off you guys on here before I get screwed by dealer. also, the two bikes were exactly the same price when i bought mine (new) so i think the full fender should be the same $$. I just want to know if i am beinh unreasonable before i start acting like an a$$ up there.
Thanks! Walker
What about installing an aftermarket fender. Theres a ton of options. Steel, fiberglass, composite, ect..... You can choose Fatbob, dresser, ducktail or custom. If my stock fender cracked all I would be able to think about would be what else can I put on that isn't stock.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 AM
STREETWALKER
Cruiser

You have a really good point there bikerlaw. Maybe I should just get the free fender from the dealer and put it up in the garage. Then I can just get something different. (NON HD!). I have always liked your ride bikerlaw, I need to look at your fender again. It is not stock is it?.... That's the reason I like this forum. Always get a different perspective. my old fat boy had a nice fender. Maybe I can find one that will fit the dyna? I don't think I could mod something like that myself. Oh I see now, it says FLH rear fender right the there. Sorry.

Last edited by STREETWALKER; 03-17-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: mistake

Quick Reply: P.o.s. Rear fender cracked !