Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 01:24 PM
mrphotographer
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a brand or year of hard bags that covered the shocks of a Dyna?

Old 03-25-2012, 01:49 PM
boston joe
Advanced

nope they dont make them.. only ones that cover the shock but they make the *** end stick out way to much. i did a set of customs ones last winter alot of work but looks the *****

Attached Thumbnails Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-dscn0463.jpg   Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-dscn0476.jpg  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends on exactly what you mean by hard bags. If you mean a gelcoat finish, not to my knowledge. But HD used to make a leather-coated hard bag similar to those on Road Kings for Dynas. They had a recess to tuck them up tight to the shocks but did not completely cover them from a side view. G/f had them on her 2000 Lowrider when she bought it used. Not sure what other years you could make them fit, and if you find a decent set for sale, they still aren't cheap.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:41 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boston joe
nope they dont make them.. only ones that cover the shock but they make the *** end stick out way to much. i did a set of customs ones last winter alot of work but looks the *****
Joe, those look great. Did you make the bags or modify some aftermarket ones? either way, those bags look proportionate and right. Nice job

Old 03-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are ****! Are those completely custom-made or modified other bags?

Old 03-25-2012, 03:03 PM
boston joe
Advanced

thanks guys... ya the bags were off a 2000 flh, the last year before they switched to abs. the fibergklass was easier to work with. i used take off street glide brackets and cut/bent/welding to where they were square on my bike. all parts are harley moco parts including all harware and brackets. the fender piece was a bad dad fender i cut up and made it work. i was trying to go for the whole stock/looks like it came from the factory look

Attached Thumbnails Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-bags6.jpg   Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-bags3.jpg   Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-bags7.jpg   Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-bags.jpg   Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-dscn0467.jpg  

Old 03-25-2012, 03:08 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks guys... ya the bags were off a 2000 flh, the last year before they switched to abs. the fibergklass was easier to work with. i used take off street glide brackets and cut/bent/welding to where they were square on my bike. all parts are harley moco parts including all harware and brackets. the fender piece was a bad dad fender i cut up and made it work. i was trying to go for the whole stock/looks like it came from the factory look
Joe, can you squeeze a half helmet in those?
I'm very interested in those as I've been looking for something bigger for my FLD. I thought my only option was to go to leather.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
boston joe
Advanced

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
Joe, can you squeeze a half helmet in those?
I'm very interested in those as I've been looking for something bigger for my FLD. I thought my only option was to go to leather.
YA U CAN .. In theory i only took out the front part of the bag ..other than that, the bag is the stock flh bag. i keep mine and my chicks helmet in the same bag.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Boston Joe,
Those are AWESOME! I've seen guys who've taken the hard bags and install them back behind the shocks. I've never commented but they just don't look right. They don't flow with the bike. Those are the nicest looking hardbags I've ever seen on a Dyna. Matching the paint certainly didn't hurt. I've always liked that color. Could you show pics showing the whole bike? If you could figure out a way to manufacture those seems you could do some business. Jackyl, case in point. Of course, I don't how lucrative that is for him.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
boston joe
Advanced

Originally Posted by stevieg
Boston Joe,
Those are AWESOME! I've seen guys who've taken the hard bags and install them back behind the shocks. I've never commented but they just don't look right. They don't flow with the bike. Those are the nicest looking hardbags I've ever seen on a Dyna. Matching the paint certainly didn't hurt. I've always liked that color. Could you show pics showing the whole bike? If you could figure out a way to manufacture those seems you could do some business. Jackyl, case in point. Of course, I don't how lucrative that is for him.
ya bud i agree it makes the *** end look huge and even with a custom filler peice it looks like a dump ***. those pics are from last season.. io havent had a chance to take more pics... ive put a renageade cabo wheel 21"x3.25 and a custom made fiberglass fender that looks simaliar to the touring bike. i just paitned the fender waiting for my pin striper to stripe it then im gonan post more pics. this is an old pic

Attached Thumbnails Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-dscn0470.jpg   Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-dscn0471.jpg   Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks-photo1.jpg  

Last edited by boston joe; 03-25-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks