Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Bags That Cover Dyna Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomiCapricorn
Thanks, Ndfastln. I'm totally ripping off your brackets. :-)
LOL, no prob. If you need any help/measurements just let me know. Also I have 5 sets of bags/lids and plenty of 4" ABS pipe for the mod. I modified the original bracket I did to accommodate a quick release sissybar that I attached a tourpak to. Just got in a quick release batwing style fairing too, and adding a 7" headlight. Next will be modifying the rear fender to make it longer (FLH/ FLD style), and I have an idea for some sick tailights. I think and can mount a LED lens to the back side of the fender and make them flush on the outside.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:48 PM
AtomiCapricorn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndfastln
LOL, no prob. If you need any help/measurements just let me know. Also I have 5 sets of bags/lids and plenty of 4" ABS pipe for the mod. I modified the original bracket I did to accommodate a quick release sissybar that I attached a tourpak to. Just got in a quick release batwing style fairing too, and adding a 7" headlight. Next will be modifying the rear fender to make it longer (FLH/ FLD style), and I have an idea for some sick tailights. I think and can mount a LED lens to the back side of the fender and make them flush on the outside.
I seriously can't wait to see what you come up with!!

I'm taking my time with this, collecting parts for the rear. My plan is to use a 2006-2008 SG rear fender, and working my way out and forward from there.

Last edited by AtomiCapricorn; 12-02-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:03 PM
carjunkie
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop

Above are photos of what the Cycle Vision setup looks like on an '05 Dyna Super Glide (with a few modifications) ...

I had to rework the Cycle Vision cross-brace system since I replaced my stock fender with a '58-'73 FLH reproduction hinged fender ...

I ended up saving about 20-25% off retail by sourcing through some online discounters and getting part of the setup off e-bay ... I think I have about $1,200-$1,300 in them ... including paint ...

I had adapted the early style FLH hard bags previously ... in retrospect, I wish I'd just bit the bullet and gotten the setup I have now ... I am very pleased with it ...

R/
'Chop
Chop, those bags look to be riding a little high, is this just where the kit ended up putting them? Could they have been adjusted a little lower maybe? Or is this just because of the fender you mod'd on there?
Thanks

Old 12-20-2013, 12:33 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't know ... I suppose maybe they do appear higher than, say, a Road King or Electra Glide ...

Just installed them as made ...

I think it may partly be the perspective of those photos ... also, I think my exhaust may sit slightly lower than a Road King's and the look of the fish tail pipe as opposed to the larger 3" or 4" muffler cans of a stock exhaust that take up some of that space under the bag ...

The tops of the bag are more or less flush with the top of the fender, so I don't think there is a whole lot of difference in the orientation of the bags ...

Here's another photo from the rear ...

Old 12-23-2013, 10:31 PM
carjunkie
Cruiser

I think you may be right on that perspective of the pipes.

What fairing do you have on there?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:58 PM
69cuda
3rd Gear

Viking bags make some nice "cut out bags" (application specific) but not the fiberglass hards

Old 12-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 69cuda
Viking bags make some nice "cut out bags" (application specific) but not the fiberglass hards
Hi,
Thanks for mentioning us

Yes we do offer shock cut out saddlebags which are quite popular with our customers. They stick out about 2". We also do have hard saddlebags, but they don't have the shock cut out currently. If there is enough demand, we would be willing to see the development of them through however.
Here is a link to our hardsaddlebags for you to check out
http://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycle...saddlebags.htm

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Old 12-29-2013, 10:04 AM
jdsadler
Intermediate

After looking all over all of these forums at options - and assessing my own access to skills or tools, I went a little different route - i tried my luck with a set of Chinese FLH knock-offs from Ebay (200), then measured, modled and eventually cut the front corder out just below the latch position, so they would hug the bike and dyna shock. Stock Harley removable pins/receivers and (x4)rear street glide brackets and they bolted right up to the bike ($100) - all that was left was some support hardware to hold the bikes away from the bike and support the weight of contents...for that I used 3/8" steel rods, welded one end to a washer to bolt to the top shock mount point and wrapped under the bag and around and welded straight across the street glide brackets , hing hardware and locks are on their way ($160 from ebay) total project cost under $500. [IMG][/IMG]