Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sometimes I wonder......

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sometimes I wonder......

Let me start off by saying, I love my bike, and I love riding it, but that being said it is a toy that brings only me joy, and when I am "enjoying it" I am away from my wife, and our 2 year old Son.

My wife is ok with all of that, she respects that, this is my one hobby and how much I love motorcycles, the problem is, lately I have been having a problem with it. My wife has no interest in riding or being a passenger and my little guy is a long way from being able to ride behind me on my street bob, especially since it's not setup for anything but solo anyway.

Well this weekend someone made me an offer I couldn't turn down and I sold my bike.

The wife has been receptive to riding a quad, and my little guy is in love with Motocross bikes, I had planned on getting him a CRF50 with training wheels next summer anyhow. So now I think the plan is to pickup a quad for my wife $3,000 range, and CRF50 for the little guy $1,500, and a early to mid 2000's CRF450 for me $3,000, then take the rest $6,500 and tuck away for 5 or 6 years down the line when I would maybe want to pickup a Street Glide to take my then 8 year old touring. (You can figure out if I got a good price)

I have a street legal '78 Kawasaki KZ650 which is a blast and will fill the void of being able to ride on the streets when I want. Anyhow, sort of a sad day, but at the same time a excited with the prospect of spending time as a family enjoying a hobby and not just me out solo.

Love this forum, will be back when my family grows up a bit and can share in this all with me.

Last edited by Skid Lid; 04-16-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

i know what you mean, seems like my wife wants to throw the bike into any arguements and im getting tired of it...but if it comes down to her wanting to leave and take my kid with her ill get rid of my bike in a heartbeat...my kids more important..

Old 04-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master

I have to say, my wife hasn't put one ounce of pressure on me about when I ride or how much I ride, the decision was more about me not wanting to be away from my family while trying to enjoy my hobby, I think I've found a hobby I can share with my wife and son, and still be around motorcycles, just not a Harley for now.

This is my old girl for ripping around the city that will scratch my itch, I can't be totally without motorcycles.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Wheelup
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Do what makes you happy. Bikes come and go.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:23 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

That KZ is awesome.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Respect skid lid! Respect,,

Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 PM
darkcvc
Tourer

I'm there too man. My bike is my daily vehicle, but I could a bike for 3K that would work for that purpose. I have no time to ride cept to and from work now.

My wife is supportive like yours.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Props to you...Sounds like you've got a good plan. As long as you can scratch the "Itch", you should be fine. Enjoy the family time!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:04 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

My kids are all in their mid to late 20s. Enjoy the time now with them, it does not last forever. Maybe a little brother or sister wouldn't be bad either.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Billyjo88
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

You will be able uy another bike when the time is right. Nice to see someone with the right priorities!

Quick Reply: Sometimes I wonder......