Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tires...... new ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:58 AM
dhook57
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New tires...... new ride

I just put new MC 2's on my sled and can not believe the difference in the ride. My old stock dunlops had 4200 miles on them when I bought it but were 6 years old. Lots of tread left but was worried about the age so finally changed them out yesterday and it is a totally different ride.

Not experienced enough to say if its the newness of the tire or change of brand but I am loving the ride. It corners and holds the road way better and I dont feel like I am fighting the corners, it seems to follow where I point it with ease and smoothness.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Mid-Night-Rider
Tourer
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

I was using Dunlops for long time before trying a different tire. I went with the Metzelers this time around, and it was a world of difference. Even the "Dyna sway" in high speed corners is gone. I took True-Track off my mod list. I'm not expecting a lot of millage out of them, but we'll see. I don't know if I'll get Metzelers next time, but I do know I'm not going back to Dunlops.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:33 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dhook57
I just put new MC 2's on my sled and can not believe the difference in the ride. My old stock dunlops had 4200 miles on them when I bought it but were 6 years old. Lots of tread left but was worried about the age so finally changed them out yesterday and it is a totally different ride.

Not experienced enough to say if its the newness of the tire or change of brand but I am loving the ride. It corners and holds the road way better and I dont feel like I am fighting the corners, it seems to follow where I point it with ease and smoothness.

I also just replaced my stock Dunlops with MC II. Excellent tires! Handle very well, cornering feels smooth and secure. Hopefully i get a lot of life out of them. Very impressed overall.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 PM
HooliganCycles
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have tried a lot of tires, dunlops are probably at the bottom of the list. i bought my first set of Michellins about 10 years ago for one of my race bikes, and i have never looked back, i put them on everything i ride now and they are by far the best tire out there in my opinion. I just bought an 06 street bob that has a new set of dunlops on the front and rear and i figured i would atleast use them up before i bought some michellins, sadly i havent even put a thousand miles on them yet and i am already taking them off cuz it feels like they are made of stone.

Last edited by HooliganCycles; 06-09-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-09-2013, 05:14 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I too just put michelin commander II's on the dyna. Best ride I have ever had. No wobbling, no catching on ruts, great rain tires, great dry tires. I love these things. I am riding so much more aggresively I am thinking about shocks now...

Old 06-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Fuzzman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know. As I am also buying a set soon. Thanks for the reviews.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:40 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here! Went from the stock Scorchers to the Commander 2's. Night and day difference in the ride. I will be sticking with these for awhile on the SB. Got a little under 10k on the rear Scorcher and it was bald. Changed the front at 11k, even though it still had some life left in it, because the rear made such a big difference. I have almost 4k on the Commander rear, and about 3k on the front. They still look like new to me.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I already commented about the cornering on these towers, but now that i have had them a little bit I wanted to update.

I searched out some grooves in the road to see how they felt. I didnt feel them! Totally different than the Dunlops, awesome tires and so glad that I got them!