Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have any experience with Mustangs Tripper Solo Seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 03:45 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have any experience with Mustangs Tripper Solo Seat

Has anyone had any experience with Mustang Seats Tripper™ Solo? I am seriously thinking of getting it to replace my stock Street Bob seat and Pillon Passenger seat.. Any other suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks

JR

Old 03-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have experience with that particular seat but I had a vintage solo on my sportster and it was better than stock but not what I was hoping for. I am going to be ordering a seat from Ed Graves at sick saddles in the next week or so. You should look at what he has. Everyone I have talked to that has one of his seats cant stop raving about it. He does solo and 2 up seats. Custom stitching too! Check him out.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have that seat and pillon. Its a lower profile seat that is fairly comfortable. I've 350 miles in it. The passenger seat from what Ive heard from my wife, is not that comfortable. I had the mustang wide touring seat before, and while it is really comfortable, it is extreme large on the bike. I thought it took away from the look of the bike. The seat positions you lower but maintains about the same forward position as the stock seat. It does have a small lip on the back that keeps you positioned and from sliding around.
Overall Im happy with the tripper solo.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:54 PM
tstroud
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a few seats and the tripper solo is a good looking seat that is comfortable for a while. It is OK for an hour or so before you need to get off and walk around. The stock seat does not look as good but I can sit on it longer before I need to get up. Now the sundowner touring 2 up seat looks awfully big and pretty ugly but I can ride on it until I run out a tank of gas, and still feel great.
It all depends on whether you are going for looks or comfort.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 739 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by 1dark883
...I am going to be ordering a seat from Ed Graves at sick saddles in the next week or so. You should look at what he has. Everyone I have talked to that has one of his seats cant stop raving about it. He does solo and 2 up seats. Custom stitching too! Check him out.
Double Ditto-MoSqitto on Sick Saddles. I ordered mine today and I'd bet my *** is gonna be smiling when I get it

He's a site sponsor, he's listed down below, for God's sakes, you can call his number and he (Big Ed himself) answers his phone, how many seat makers do that.
I'd almost bet that if you called him at 0245hrs tomorrow he'd answer his phone. If that doesn't say "I'm an honest bloke and you should do your business with me" then I don't know an honest bloke when I speak to him. For God's sake, Big Ed even put up with my drunk parrot blabbing the other day, nuff said about that and damn blabbering drunk *** parrots!

Order the new Gel Foam model, tell him drunk parrot told you.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:06 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer

I appreciate the responses, Comfort is important, and if I can get comfort and looks that is a plus.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:23 PM
PaiN
Tourer

I ran a Wide Tripper solo w/ pillion on my FB for a weekend trip totaling about 550mi...BIG MISTAKE. The seat was awful, by the end of that trip I felt like I was sitting on the frame.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:24 PM
CBRTRX
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried two, both fit so poorly I returned them, mustang was no help at all either. I know others have had good luck with them though.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:54 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Day Tripper on my Super Glide. It is the seat that offered the compromise I was looking for. I envisioned a particular style seat to get the look I wanted for the bike. The LePera Bare Bones provided the look but beat my *** to death. The Day Tripper got close to the look and was comfortable enough to do 200-250 mile rides. Had it five years or so and works well for me.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:47 AM
butch patrick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the tripper with backrest. Very comfortable but never gone more than 200 miles yet. Will be making a 400mile trip next month. The backrest has saved my back.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with Mustangs Tripper Solo Seat