Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with swapping a newer wide glide fender onto a superglide?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Leadfoot915
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with swapping a newer wide glide fender onto a superglide?

So, my 06 Super is down for repairs right now due to an IPB and a stator that imploded... I (luckily against my gut) bought the ESP for it at purchase 2 years ago and while they are fixing it up they were nice enough to supply me with a 2014 Wide Glide as a free rental bike for the week while its being repaired.

After having the WG around for a few days I have fallen in love with the way there is no tail light, just the simple clean look of the short fender and the turn signals which double as brake lights. How hard is it to swap out my Super's fender for one of these... I guess its on the 2010 and newer wide glides. I looked around the forum and didn't find any info on how to switch over the wires or modules, or what may be needed other than the obvious... a new fender... to get the back side lamps to work as dual purpose. A few posts mentioned a company called "Badlands" and that Harley also has all these parts in a kit of some sort but my store's sales guys just kinda scratched their head and made it sound like a huge pain in the *** to do. Anyone done this on here or can point me to a possible how to someone already did?

Trying to get this look...

from this platform...

If it matters, I have a quick release sissy bar that I toss on when my girl rides with me, that I need to retain since I think it looks ugly as sin on the bike when I ride solo and like to take it off most of the time.

Any assistance with how to's, part sourcing, or tips would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Leadfoot915; 07-22-2014 at 05:16 PM.