Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a rear fender seat nut mod.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 07:14 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Looking for a rear fender seat nut mod.

Has anyone modified their seat mount nut so they are more secure to the fender. I have lost two of the HD ones in the last two weeks, it has been the one used at the rear passenger location and feel its because I am running the solo seat and nothing is connected to that location. I also feel that if I put the two-up seat on, I might eventually loose the other one. Welding a bolt on to the bottom is not an option because I have new paint on the fender now.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:32 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Why don't you just put the little HD button in the hole when you're not using the seat nut?

Attached Thumbnails Looking for a rear fender seat nut mod.-button.jpg  

Last edited by mattVA; 08-06-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:38 AM
tstroud
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a fender bib that I use when running a solo seat. When running the two up seat I put the fender bib bolt in the front seat nut. There is always a bolt in both locations at all times.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:09 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by mattVA
Why don't you just put the little HD button in the hole when you're not using the seat nut?
This would require me to have to fish the nut up and into place when ever I need to put the two up seat on. Sometimes this can be a few times a week or maybe once two or three times a season, depends on how much the mrs. wants to ride. I would rahter just leave the nut there 100% of the time if possible. Less parts to keep track of when not in use.
Originally Posted by tstroud
I have a fender bib that I use when running a solo seat. When running the two up seat I put the fender bib bolt in the front seat nut. There is always a bolt in both locations at all times.
I thought about finding a washer with a ID slightly larger and hopefully taller then the crown on the fender nut just above the plastic collar, then I could install a bolt onto this location that would provide pressure to the nut and keep it in place. I have thought about a fender bib, maybe I will look into this option a little more also.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:43 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Maybe a dab of epoxy or something like it underneath near the edge of course so it doesn't get on the threads? Or if you never want it to leave JB Weld...

Old 08-06-2014, 08:49 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Check out post # 7 from this site:

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...d.php?t=446318

Should work for what you want.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:58 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

I only have a solo but I added a bib for my Street Bob. I painted the screw flat black to match my bike. I think yours is vivid black so paint it gloss black and leave it on. Get a low profile screw so you won't even notice it there. Or if you can find one, get a black screw so you don't ever have to worry about the finish rubbing off.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:28 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by tstroud

Ditto, do the same

Old 08-06-2014, 05:59 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My seat bolt has come loose a couple time but never lost it. So I got a soft rubber washer and put on the seat bolt and when you tighten it is snugs and locks itself on and does not come loose anymore . Try That and it is a cheap fix

Old 08-06-2014, 06:59 PM
LAFO
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Locktite worked for me.

I used a blue one that doesn't harden much, so you can easily unscrew it.

Quick Reply: Looking for a rear fender seat nut mod.