Evo Era Parts This is the place to list your Harley Davidson "Evo" parts.

Complete Swingarm from a 07 FLHTC

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 PM
MDodson
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Swingarm from a 07 FLHTC

I have the swingarm from 07 FLHTC for sale to use on early model touring to upgrade brakes and a wider tire. It comes with the pully and axel. To finish install you will need a later model rear wheel belt and bushing kit from http://motorcyclemetal.com . 300.00 or best offer.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:40 PM
HOGDAT
Cruiser

Will this work on a 98' Road King?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 AM
kickstart pan
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HOGDAT
Will this work on a 98' Road King?
The pivot bolt that goes through your trans is 5/8" the 02 up is 3/4, you can ream your trans while in the bike - no prob
Of course you will need the 3/4 shaft, bushings and spacers, Check with Sta-Bo
http://www.sta-bo.com/index.html
you now have a 3/4" Alxe , you need a 1" axle, spacers and wheel. You also need a newer style rear brake caliper

Your belt and pulley, brake lines ,belt guard, fender etc will work.
If you use the newer style pulley you will need a narower belt - of course you can change it at a later time

but to answer your question : Yes

Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by kickstart pan
The pivot bolt that goes through your trans is 5/8" the 02 up is 3/4, you can ream your trans while in the bike - no prob
Of course you will need the 3/4 shaft, bushings and spacers, Check with Sta-Bo
http://www.sta-bo.com/index.html
you now have a 3/4" Alxe , you need a 1" axle, spacers and wheel. You also need a newer style rear brake caliper

Your belt and pulley, brake lines ,belt guard, fender etc will work.
If you use the newer style pulley you will need a narower belt - of course you can change it at a later time

but to answer your question : Yes
You can not use your old 3/4" wheel, see my site and it explains why. You never drill/ream youir trans as the trans of 2001 ~ below (5/8") to a 2002 ~forward have a different casting so when you remove the material by machining, you remove thickness which is necessary strength. With my kit there is no drilling/reaming, just install it. There is no additional cost of shaft, comes with all bushings and you reuse your spacers. I have seen several and have one trans case with the back of the mount blown out of it. I also provide PDF complete instructions as well as support this site where others do not.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:12 AM
kickstart pan
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastHarley
You can not use your old 3/4" wheel, see my site and it explains why. You never drill/ream youir trans as the trans of 2001 ~ below (5/8") to a 2002 ~forward have a different casting so when you remove the material by machining, you remove thickness which is necessary strength. With my kit there is no drilling/reaming, just install it. There is no additional cost of shaft, comes with all bushings and you reuse your spacers. I have seen several and have one trans case with the back of the mount blown out of it. I also provide PDF complete instructions as well as support this site where others do not.

I have been to your site and I like it . You have some great products.
I agree that you need a new 1" axle wheel. As far as the case goes, there is plenty of meat there and the 1/8" increase in diameter will not change the strength of the case, since the 02 up cases have the same thickness as the pre cases. So Harley doesn't think it requires an increase in metal why would I.
I have done several (4) cases, and have no problems. BTW MY pre 02 case sits behind a 113" S&S.

Since you went to the trouble of reengineering the use of a 5/8" shaft is a good thing though and I see no reason to do any reaming .
Either way is acceptable, depending on cost and parts availability the choice is up to the end user.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:34 PM
MDodson
Road Master

I still have all the parts for sale.