EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Peace and Quiet with an Evo!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 10:34 AM
schwangster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we have a sunny day, but I gotta work....
Hope all you Evo guys get out there, that she fires right up, your weather is warm, your roads are debris free, the drivers around you are 'awake',
and
you find a real nice old fashioned cafe on the side of the road that serves some real fine homemade STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE (my cake craving of the day)

Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Thumbs up

I have created a new thread on my tentative start to fitting a 6 gallon tank to my FLHS.

On a subject closer to our stomachs I can report that, while enjoying a peaceful and quiet weekend, we made an upside-down pineapple cake. Took some translating into ingredients and quantities we understand! Looks like we will be eating it all week, but very successful and tasty! I think we will downsize it next time for our modest numbers and appetites.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:40 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
I have created a new thread on my tentative start to fitting a 6 gallon tank to my FLHS.

On a subject closer to our stomachs I can report that, while enjoying a peaceful and quiet weekend, we made an upside-down pineapple cake. Took some translating into ingredients and quantities we understand! Looks like we will be eating it all week, but very successful and tasty! I think we will downsize it next time for our modest numbers and appetites.
Keep it the same size and increase your appetite !!!!!!!!! As we say in the military adjust,adapt and overcome.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:11 PM
schwangster
Ultimate HDF Member

maybe invite some of your friends next time......

Old 06-22-2010, 04:00 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Talking

Originally Posted by miacycles
Keep it the same size and increase your appetite !!!!!!!!! As we say in the military adjust,adapt and overcome.
John,

We watched Avatar over the weekend!

Originally Posted by schwangster
maybe invite some of your friends next time......
Dale,

We did think of that, but were concerned you might all get wet....

Last edited by grbrown; 06-22-2010 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Expanded.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 AM
schwangster
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
We did think of that, but were concerned you might all get wet....
Would have been a heck of a 'ROWED' trip

Last edited by schwangster; 12-18-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 AM
schwangster
Ultimate HDF Member

double post

Last edited by schwangster; 06-22-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Talking

Originally Posted by schwangster
Would have been a heck of a ROWED trip
It would have been so unfair of us to expect you all to attempt it. Even for cake....

Old 06-23-2010, 12:41 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought I'd post this here even though it could be a little off topic LOL. I am leaving for NC for a little R&R. WE will be in Maiden at Mean City Cycles on Friday and in Asheboro on Sataurday at the American classiic Motorcycle museum. If anybody is in the area maybe we will run into each other. After that it's off to the Outer banks, Duck Island to be precise. So I will post when I get back with pictures of course.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:40 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well gents... we're back from out trip to St Louis, where we successfully got my wife's last daughter married off! I made sure her new husband was well aware of our strict "All Sales Final - Absolutely No Returns" policy!

I'm so glad to be back home! It was upper 90s there the whole time, but the heat index was above 105 the whole time as well... I've never felt heat like that in my entire life... It was just miserable. Must have been the humidity that makes it feel like the surface of the friggin' Sun there. I spent a good portion of the time outdoors doing things like shopping for and assembling a new gas grill we bought them, setting up two portable gazebos in their backyard for the wedding, setting up rented tables and chairs, etc. - and in general sweating like a race horse. I'm too old for that crap anymore!

We brought back my one of wife's 8-year-old granddaughters, who I have now nicknamed "Chattering Magpie". The kid did not stop talking from the minute we picked her up this morning until we got back home just now. She'll be with us for the next two weeks. My wife has just now taken her to the grocery store, so I now get about an hour's Peace and Quiet... a bit more if I'm lucky!

Popping over to Graham's new "6 Gallon Tank on an Evo!" thread to see what's going on there now.

Sorry I missed Graham's surely-delicious PUD cake! But I don't think Bertha would float anyway...

Quick Reply: Peace and Quiet with an Evo!