EVO All Evo Model Discussion

My build: 98 FLHRCI

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,697 Likes on 858 Posts

I slid my pan out the back with the tire still on so it can be done, might be able to drill and tap into the pan. Might not be a bad deal to pull the pan anyway with the new motor to clean it for peace of mind.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

For those who want to convert from MM EFI to carb, here's the harness I used/made to plug my dyna2000p into (it's a copy of the now obsolete carb harness)

the wires I didnt use are still in place, I just left them capped in the harness.

this is a legend for the Dyna2000 ignition module. they have a couple extra wires for a tach (if your bike doesnt already have one) and a tap wire for VOES (im currently not using VOES)

this is a pic of the page out of the FSM, detailing the ignition interconnect harness (aka carb harness)

Last edited by Jasper86; 12-09-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Did you make any progress this weekend? Next few days won't be too cold. I'm excited for ha!
Lol

Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Contrails
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its not to much hassle for you, could you take a pic of how your rear fender attaches to your frame and the hardware?

Finished up bobbing and paint on my rear fender, but im having a helluva time putting the damn back on, and the shop manual is less than helpful. I think I'm missing a spacer.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain

only got a little more mock up done....works been insane the last couple weeks

contrails: mines a classic, so no gaurantees that the hardware is the same. i took a few shots tho...lemme know if you need any detailed pics

Old 12-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Contrails
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain

to the guru's:

is there an issue with relocating a VOES switch? my bike never had one, and now, since i'd relocated the coil to between the cylinders (FXR style), there really doesnt seem like theres room for the VOES bracket that ive got

you see any issue with simply extending the vac line off the carb, and mounting it up higher? (under the gas tank, where my coil used to be, most likely)

(or does anyone have a pic of a stock-location VOES on a later-model evo FLT/FLH?)

Old 12-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain

figured out my VOES questions. apparently it wont work with much beyond 4-6" of hose.

made a bit more progress today.

my new rear shocks, 13" progressive 444's.

stripped the rest of the front end...hadda go buy an 1 3/8" open end wrench so I can pull the tubes off tomorrow (so I can install my new mono tubes). got everything wired up now except my VOES switch

took the oil filter mount off today too. gonna bring it by my indy on monday and throw it in the bridgeport. found a spot where I can drill and tap the boss to mount my oil temp gauge, and it'll be in a PERFECT spot to get a really good temp reading (in a constant flow of oil)

Old 12-23-2012, 09:42 AM
LowriderHarold
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Pics of drill & tap

Originally Posted by Jasper86

took the oil filter mount off today too. gonna bring it by my indy on monday and throw it in the bridgeport. found a spot where I can drill and tap the boss to mount my oil temp gauge, and it'll be in a PERFECT spot to get a really good temp reading (in a constant flow of oil)
If ya don't mind, post a pic of where you drill & tap your oil filter mount for a temp gauge . Would like to mount one on my FXDL & haven't thought of this area. Can't buy a oil temp dip stick for my year model. Thanks.
Ride safe,
Harold

Last edited by LowriderHarold; 12-23-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain

sure. i'll take a nice detail picture before I reinstall it

bit more progress tonight

new goodentite riser bushings installed (NO slop in my apes anymore, definitely glad I spent a few extra bucks for the good ones)

last coat of paint on the FXR motor mount, VOES mounted and wired, although I need an extra-long bolt now for the frame-side of the top mount. coils mounted and wired up, with the new FXR wires (my FLH is having an identity crisis?)

Quick Reply: My build: 98 FLHRCI