EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Brembo retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a full brembo set for sale. 2 rotors, 2 calipers and the master cylinder. $400. I know you Dyna guys are looking for this. And yes they will bolt up to the 00 lower legs although you might need to counter bore the holes in the front rotors.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:11 AM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for chiming in guys.. I'll do some more looking.. Dont guess there were any wheel driven speedo's with 1" axles, huh??

Old 11-21-2013, 09:47 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,338 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Originally Posted by HGM
Thanks for chiming in guys.. I'll do some more looking.. Dont guess there were any wheel driven speedo's with 1" axles, huh??
No there weren't.
All 25mm axel bikes have a tranny driven speedo.

FYI they call the new axels 1 inch but they are actually 25mm which are just shy of 1 inch. (25mm = 0.9843 inches)

Old 11-21-2013, 01:49 PM
HGM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
No there weren't.
All 25mm axel bikes have a tranny driven speedo.

FYI they call the new axels 1 inch but they are actually 25mm which are just shy of 1 inch. (25mm = 0.9843 inches)

Well, that sucks....... The rear speedo drive is listed for FXST only, but I figure I may be able to make it work.. However, what about when I do the rear swingarm update........ Any idea what year the rear FLH changed to 25mm?

Old 11-21-2013, 02:46 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,338 Likes on 1,948 Posts

I won't swear to it (mainly because I don't pay attention to TC's) but I think they changed in '06.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:55 PM
HGM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
I won't swear to it (mainly because I don't pay attention to TC's) but I think they changed in '06.
I can relate, I usually dont pay much attention to them either

'06 would be great, I could easily find a wheel for that.. Just need to find out for sure if that rear speedo drive will work on the FLH..

Old 11-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

I believe there is an actual era of 1" axles. I think that the 25mm is the current. If you're running a 0.75" axle why would the rear drive not work for you? Compare the spacer and the spreedo drive.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 PM
HGM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tee⋁12011101
I believe there is an actual era of 1" axles. I think that the 25mm is the current. If you're running a 0.75" axle why would the rear drive not work for you? Compare the spacer and the spreedo drive.
I'll have to look into that axle size thing.. I'm expecting to buy a '14 front wheel this weekend... If it is 25mm, it may not work with my '00-'13 lowers..

As for my rear, it is in fact a 3/4", but expect to upgrade the rear next year.. It will all be good as long as they didn't change to 1" till '06. I agree, the rear sensor should be just fine, I'm wondering why they list it as FXST only.. I might just pick one up and see..

Old 11-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

when they say **** like it won't fit I gather it's because some douche with a credit card and 0 imagination unboxes the item and turns a screwdriver and it don't fit exactly right plug and play then they return it and leave a negative Yelp! and feedback on the website with one outta five stars. Ya know, that crap, right?

I am guessing the stock swingarm on a Evo Dyna is different than a Evo Softail. My softail has a round swing arm and yours is prolly square, right. Well the axle ain't square, so I know that. lol

What we guys that ride older sleds know is that a twinkie softail seat will bolt right up after you mill the frame tabs a hair. What we also know is that when you grind too much off that a washer sandwich will suffice...

I am guessing that the spacing on the clearance within the tires is what is off so it prolly ain't a direct fit. Well what says whimsy like taking a brand new $50 part to a grinder thus nullifying the return policy?!?!?!?!

I say go for it.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 PM
HGM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tee⋁12011330
when they say **** like it won't fit I gather it's because some douche with a credit card and 0 imagination unboxes the item and turns a screwdriver and it don't fit exactly right plug and play then they return it and leave a negative Yelp! and feedback on the website with one outta five stars. Ya know, that crap, right?

I am guessing the stock swingarm on a Evo Dyna is different than a Evo Softail. My softail has a round swing arm and yours is prolly square, right. Well the axle ain't square, so I know that. lol

What we guys that ride older sleds know is that a twinkie softail seat will bolt right up after you mill the frame tabs a hair. What we also know is that when you grind too much off that a washer sandwich will suffice...

I am guessing that the spacing on the clearance within the tires is what is off so it prolly ain't a direct fit. Well what says whimsy like taking a brand new $50 part to a grinder thus nullifying the return policy?!?!?!?!

I say go for it.
I'm with ya! Just thought I'd ask to see if I'm blazing new ground or not.. I'm not afraid of a challenge, got a 5.0L Explorer drivetrain going in my '73 Bronco now, just because I want it that way(another project I need to get back to ).. This is actually gonna be on my dresser rather than the Dyna, but its much more similar to the Dyna than the Softie.. I'll probably get the wheel if the price is right and see if I can make the stock one work before ordering the rear sensor..

Quick Reply: Brembo retrofit