Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Which 2 into 1 exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Ausreed93
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 2 into 1 exhaust???

Looking into getting a new 2 into 1 exhaust. It's either between trask assault or the bassani road rage short. Bassani seems like the more reputable brand but costs more as well. Trask
Bassani

Old 02-02-2018, 05:21 PM
EL in NH
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 02-03-2018, 11:41 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

Between the 2 you have it narrowed to, I would choose the Bassani simply because I have experience with a lot of their RR pipes. I would hazard a guess the equal length head pipes would be easier to tune...

Old 02-03-2018, 09:41 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,812 Likes on 3,316 Posts

There are there reasons to purchase a new exhaust.
1) looks
2) sound
3) performance

You really shouldn't rely on others to make the choice for you... do your research and choose based on what you want...
I personally love the sound of RB pipes but they are not a low end pipe but do sing very well above 3200 rpm and will help your motor carry out as far as the build will allow it to. sold it..
I also had a Bassani RR2 I loved it but my wife though it was too quiet. I thought the low end was very strong.
I now have a Supertrapp. all around I don't think you can find a better pipe but that's just my opinion...

Of the 2 pipes the looks of the Trask are nice but the videos I heard did not turn my head but are similar to your other choice of the Bassani.

So what are you looking for in a pipe?

Old 02-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Ausreed93
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
There are there reasons to purchase a new exhaust.
1) looks
2) sound
3) performance

You really shouldn't rely on others to make the choice for you... do your research and choose based on what you want...
I personally love the sound of RB pipes but they are not a low end pipe but do sing very well above 3200 rpm and will help your motor carry out as far as the build will allow it to. sold it..
I also had a Bassani RR2 I loved it but my wife though it was too quiet. I thought the low end was very strong.
I now have a Supertrapp. all around I don't think you can find a better pipe but that's just my opinion...

Of the 2 pipes the looks of the Trask are nice but the videos I heard did not turn my head but are similar to your other choice of the Bassani.

So what are you looking for in a pipe?
Main thing is I want a quality pipe that won't crack, 2 into 1 design, and has to be stainless

Old 02-04-2018, 01:04 AM
jangler14
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ausreed93
Main thing is I want a quality pipe that won't crack, 2 into 1 design, and has to be stainless
SuperTrapp posted about a new stainless steel 2:1 called The Bootlegger, not too long ago on the forums. Sounded pretty tough in the video they put up. Maybe give them a look too?
Stainless steel looks real good with some use. It gets a nice golden brown hue.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:26 AM
Mr-Mike
Road Master
Received 179 Likes on 148 Posts

burns stainless nhb

Old 02-04-2018, 08:42 AM
Sisu
Road Captain
Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jangler14
SuperTrapp posted about a new stainless steel 2:1 called The Bootlegger, not too long ago on the forums. Sounded pretty tough in the video they put up. Maybe give them a look too?
Stainless steel looks real good with some use. It gets a nice golden brown hue.
When my new supertrapp broke at the fwd 02 bung I didn't get anywhere with their customer service. Emails and phone calls were not returned.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Tired
Elite HDF Member
Received 4,457 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Originally Posted by Sisu
When my new supertrapp broke at the fwd 02 bung I didn't get anywhere with their customer service. Emails and phone calls were not returned.
I wasn't too impressed with their quality or customer service either.

Attached Thumbnails Which 2 into 1 exhaust???-st.jpg  
Old 02-05-2018, 02:25 PM
jangler14
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sisu
Bummer to hear that. Never had an issue with the two systems I bought from them, so I didn't need to contact them.

Quick Reply: Which 2 into 1 exhaust???