Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

SE II's on Dyna Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:08 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default SE II's on Dyna Super Glide

In the April 2005 issue of V-Twin mag, they do a stage one conversion: SE II air cleaner, Race Fueler, and SE II slipons. The SE II slipons look exactly like the stock mufflers except for the Screaming Eagle logo stamped on the rear slip on. I don't ever remember seeing this type of SE II's, just the balony cut and slash downs. They are said to be straight thru, increase power, sound docile when riding conservatively, and SCREAM bloody murder when romped on. Any body know any thing about these fellows?

Old 04-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: SE II's on Dyna Super Glide

I know those are the ones I'm going to get on my Super after breakin.

I heard em at the local shop. Parts guy took me in the back of the shop and we cranked up about 10 bikes and listened to pipes.

I liked em. Good idle rumble - holler good and loud when you kick it in the pants - and back off when cruising.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Let me know if you get yours before I do. I got 200 more miles and it wont quit raining.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Dyna2005
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tripper,

Surburban HD http://www.suburbanharley.com/ has this item as a

Screamin' Eagle Slip-Fit Torque Mufflers - Tapered. These track-ready, chrome-plated mufflers deliver increased torque and deeper sound than stock mufflers, while offering a new tapered design that emphasizes your bike's long, lean look. These slip-fits utilize the stock crossover and feature an embossed Screamin' Eagle logo on the rear muffler. For race application only. #80061-00 Fits '95-later Dyna models.

Suburban's internet prices are at least %12 better than MSRP and shipping is reasonable.

The one thing I'd double check is the descriptions that sometimes differ between the Surburban HD website and the HD Corporate website. For example,

Suburban describes PN #80366-99 as Harley-Davidson Dyna Slip-On Mufflers - Slash Down
Great sound and classic Harley-Davidson script on the rear muffler. These big-body mufflers are available in a sporty 45-degree slash cut or bold straight cut. (Not legal for sale or use on California catalyst-equipped vehicles.) (Not street-legal on '99-later Twin Cam 88-equipped models.)

HD Corporate desribes the same item as PN #80366-99 Harley-Davidson® Dyna Slip-On Mufflers - Slash Down. These chromed, 49-state legal mufflers add style and sound to your bike. Unique baffle design improves power potential without adding loudness. (Not legal for sale or use on California catalyst-equipped vehicles.)

Old 04-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Does anybody know the difference between H-D part numbers: 80293-99A and 80366-99? They are both Screamin' Eagle II slash down slipons. I have the 80293-99A's are they just an earlier model or might there be a significant difference? They seem much louder than stock when I start up in the garage but are pretty tame on the road. I did set off a car alarm in a parking lot the other day when I missed a shift. As stated above by Dyna2005, "they are supposed to add power [which they sure do] without adding loudness [which they don't]." I'm confused. [sm=smiley29.gif]