Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Ahh, some good news for once

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:28 PM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahh, some good news for once

After nearly tying myself in knots over an exhaust purchase, all is good now. Thanks to many of you for your help and suggestions on the Tech Forum. I originally bought some Samson Big Gun Street Sweepers from www.pipecity.com and came to realize that they wouldn't take baffles. They were on "Blow-Out-Special" from pipecity and their website stated that "B-O-S" items could not be returned. Samson's website stated that the pipes WOULD take baffles. After all my online reading and consultations with tuners I believe that baffles work best for tunability of a stock displacement bike. Anyway, both Samson and Pipecity went out of their way to get me a return call tag so I could return the Street Sweepers and exchange them for the 3rd Generation Street Sweepers that DO have baffles. I am also going to install a H/F air cleaner and PCIII on the bike. Just wanted to name-drop a couple of companys with excellent customer service (IMO) in a world where it seems to happen less and less. Both Megan from Pipecity and Nick from Samson were extremely pleasent to deal with and wanted to make me a happy customer, which they did!

Old 06-21-2006, 06:26 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ahh, some good news for once

Cool! It' nice to hear about good companies. And I think you'll be happier in the long run with those pipes.

Old 06-21-2006, 06:39 PM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ahh, some good news for once

Yeah Bob, I definately love the Street Sweepers, at least as far as looks go and I'm sure I won't be disappointed with sound either. Thanks again for your help and input!