Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Bassani problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 04:59 PM
jamestadrowski
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bassani problems

Hello all,

After searching and reading many threads and posts, I came to my purchase of a Bassani 2-1 RR. Got it all hooked up to the 10 FLSTFB and added a Dynojet PCV and Arlen Ness big sucker.

Fired it up and within 30 seconds chrome began flying off of the headers and onto the engine. I immediately shut it off and examined the bike to find that the header pipes were flaking off chrome. Needless to say there was more chrome on my garage floor than our last christmas tree had on it. So I call up Bassani a week ago and am told that they had similar problems with the chrome adhession process, when they were sent out for chrome. I could care less what the pipes look like under the blacked out covers, however, I dont want pipes to rust prematurley due to the manufactures flaws. After spending big dough on the pipes, you would think they were built with quality.

Anyone else have these problems?

I am currently awaiting Bassani to send me out a replacement, although they have not contacted me back since more than a week.

I tried a general search in this forum, but didnt get much response. Anybody with exhaust issues ever seen this happen?

Attached Thumbnails Bassani problems-sl382732.jpg   Bassani problems-sl382731.jpg  

Last edited by jamestadrowski; 03-30-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:38 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frustrating I'm sure, but s**t happens. There's always going to be manufacturing defects no matter what the product, as long as they stand by their product by doing the right thing it's no big deal.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:09 AM
a2_dc5
Intermediate

ggeeez I picked up some bassani sweepers...not complaints...must have been that one our of a million that were defective....hope they pull through with their claim to send you out a new one.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:31 PM
jamestadrowski
Novice

Thanks, I am going to give them another call today. Im not holding my breath.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:33 PM
jamestadrowski
Novice
Smile Got an email back !

Originally Posted by jamestadrowski
Thanks, I am going to give them another call today. Im not holding my breath.
Got an email back, saying that they are in the process of welding a new one, and should be shipping it out in about 2 weeks.

Feeling better about the support now. Hope the new pipe fits as good and works without problems.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamestadrowski
Got an email back, saying that they are in the process of welding a new one, and should be shipping it out in about 2 weeks.

Feeling better about the support now. Hope the new pipe fits as good and works without problems.
Great news. Was watching what outcome they'd come to prior to purchasing a Road Rage 2-1. Keep us up to date on how it all washes out.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:38 AM
jamestadrowski
Novice

Great news all. Got my replacement Headers, took off old faulty ones and replaced them with newer. Fired it up and no problems. YAY !!! Sound is awesome, fit is great, with the exception of one header cover tension ring. Location of the ring is too close to the trans cover. (no biggie) It doesnt touch it, but it looks kinda funny. Thanks Bassani, you came through on your warranty. I also returned the defective ones UPS paid by Bassani.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:54 AM
natural gasser
Road Captain
Received 286 Likes on 155 Posts

Glad it worked out. Great pipe from what I have heard.

Last edited by natural gasser; 05-07-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm runnin the regular Road Rage in chrome on my 08 Street Glide, and absolutely love it ! Was'nt that loud as I thought it would be; I got about 5,000 miles on it now and is starting to sound more deeper. Glad Bassani came through for you on the warranty...that's what cust. service is all about.