Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Moderator help sketchy at best!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 09:27 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

OK, true enough, but I could say the edit was for spelling.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 11-06-2018, 08:46 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
.. Um, how did I get into the "kafluffful" ??? :<(
Red stealing your memo’s?...I’m sure i saw your name copied on it.....LOL.....

Old 11-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,791 Likes on 18,561 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway

Red stealing your memo’s?...I’m sure i saw your name copied on it.....LOL.....
Probably Tim ... probably :<(

The following users liked this post:
riteway (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 09:42 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Ok, this is the official info from an admin:

"
In the software admin panel there is a box to enter a time for the edit limit. It was set to no time limit not that long ago. Once the time limit is set the limit is for all and you can't break out different forums or user groups with the exception of Staff. It's a blanket setting across the board.

While it was set to no time limit there were arguments between members (imagine that) who would run back to a previous post and edit their words to make themselves look better or to hide the truth not necessary in the classified sections but everywhere on the site. This was happening mainly in the Touring and Tuning sections. I remember there was one Troll who would post flame then change it after an argument started to reflect something totally different. If someone was to quote his original post he would say they edited his post.

It was decided to set the time limit and have the members come to us for changes. In the classified sections it is as Rodger says... they can mark as sold or report the changes they need."

The following 2 users liked this post by IzzoQuazzo:
roadkinglobo (11-06-2018), Uncle Larry (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Strugatsio
Road Captain
Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
Not a valid point because when an edit is made it's noted in the post by date and time as are all posts and PM's. Any changes after the fact would be noted.
True. And all one has to do to preserve the original is to "quote it" before responding.

I belong to a lot of forums. The only forums (two?) that have a small window for edits both have very old software.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:56 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,813 Posts

Originally Posted by izzoquazzo
... I remember there was one troll who would post flame then change it after an argument started to reflect something totally different. if someone was to quote his original post he would say they edited his post.
Originally Posted by strugatsio
true. And all one has to do to preserve the original is to "quote it" before responding.

Originally Posted by strugatsio
also true .. This forum is really stupid.

Last edited by multihdrdr; 11-06-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:54 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,380 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
IBTL = In Before The Lock.
Something we like to do that is completely unhelpful while getting credit for the post count.
I'm very into padding my post cont... like I just did now... wtf.. Really.. You can take something very benign and then make it about YOU.... See this was helpful..

Old 11-06-2018, 04:56 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Ok, this is the official info from an admin:

"
In the software admin panel there is a box to enter a time for the edit limit. It was set to no time limit not that long ago. Once the time limit is set the limit is for all and you can't break out different forums or user groups with the exception of Staff. It's a blanket setting across the board.

While it was set to no time limit there were arguments between members (imagine that) who would run back to a previous post and edit their words to make themselves look better or to hide the truth not necessary in the classified sections but everywhere on the site. This was happening mainly in the Touring and Tuning sections. I remember there was one Troll who would post flame then change it after an argument started to reflect something totally different. If someone was to quote his original post he would say they edited his post.

It was decided to set the time limit and have the members come to us for changes. In the classified sections it is as Rodger says... they can mark as sold or report the changes they need."

So basically maintain the status quo for the Classified section. I should have stated that this was the area that I was most concerned with. I agree with ppl not having the capacity to make changes in the Forum by changing their thread comments. But in the Classified section; it's a whole different story. Ppl should be allowed to make changes to their initial sales ad eg. price changes; availability; deletion of an item if you're selling multiple items in one ad. Oh well, thanks for trying Izzo. I guess the publishers have their reasons and we'll just have to work within the system.