Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Search screen - now posts

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 11:11 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts
Question Search screen - now posts

I suppose this is a question for the moderators, however, I welcome any answer. Since implementation of the new "pay to play" policy in the POD, expiration of my paid membership, and refusal to be manipulated into mandatory payment [when it used to be voluntary], is there a way to eliminate POD searches in the "new posts" screen? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:26 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

the only way I have found to not see new posts from sections you don't frequent or care to see is the following....when you open the site and go to the forums home page, find the sections you don't want to see posts from and double click the little engine icon on the left of the forum section header. that will mark that section as "read" and when you hit the "new posts" link none of the posts from those sections will be visible in the new posts search until you refresh the page. to avoid refreshing, I simply click "back" to go to new posts rather than clicking the new posts link again....that way the new posts from those sections will not show up.

The following users liked this post:
sailmotion (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 03:20 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by teeroy_
the only way I have found to not see new posts from sections you don't frequent or care to see is the following....when you open the site and go to the forums home page, find the sections you don't want to see posts from and double click the little engine icon on the left of the forum section header. that will mark that section as "read" and when you hit the "new posts" link none of the posts from those sections will be visible in the new posts search until you refresh the page. to avoid refreshing, I simply click "back" to go to new posts rather than clicking the new posts link again....that way the new posts from those sections will not show up.
Outstanding!!! That seemed to do the trick. Thanks.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:02 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Outstanding!!! That seemed to do the trick. Thanks.
no problem!