Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Frame straightening

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 11:20 AM
ChopSticks
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Delete got posted to wrong thread for some reason ughhhhh

Old 03-19-2021, 12:03 AM
slickman
Tourer
Received 148 Likes on 76 Posts

Very old post...

Old 07-07-2021, 02:33 AM
Issac Bollnow
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need Help! My Street Bob 2019 Frame is bent from the bottom!

I had an accident where my chassis received a lot of damage from the bottom, i sent my bike to the same dealership where i bought the bike, i still have a year of warranty, the dealership told me that the chassis is very damaged, so they will ask the insurance company to replace my frame, but it is enough to be a totaled.
But i think the dealership made some buisness with the insurance beacuse suddenly they told me that the chassis is going to be "repaired" by an external tinsmith, ive been trying to prove my insurance that Harley Davidson doesn't repair chassis (I've heard that there is a policy for technicians) beacuse they are attempting to inject alluminum and weld a reinforcement, does somebody know where can i find that policy? (that Harley Davidson do not repair chassis) so i can prove my insurance that the frame must be replaced Thank you very much.

Old 04-09-2024, 07:00 AM
Biker Guy
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame straightening

Originally Posted by union53
We straighten frames at the shop. I would suggest looking for a shop that measures the bike before they toss it in a jig and start going at it. We use a computrack machine and require a rolling chassis to be able to measure the bike. There are other machines out there that also measure but I'm not sure if they require a rolling chassis or not.

The work required depends on how bad the frame is. Some are just a simple put in the jig and tweak on it. Others require heat in which case you may have to repaint the frame after. Some are bad enough where they can't be repaired.

I would suggest doing some research and ask about the process the shop uses to do the job.
Where can I get a frame straightened near Rhode Island

Old 04-11-2024, 01:22 PM
klammer76
Road Master
Received 258 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 04 SE DEUCE
The brothers at Dr. John's motorcycle frame straightening in West Covina CA. Been at it a long time with good data base on different frames and very accurate. A step beyond reply #4.

https://www.drjohnsmfs.com/
I second this. I used Dr John to straighten a 1996 Fat Boy frame back in 1998. Make sure you wrap and pad everything on the frame and use ample shipping insurance if you decide to ship it.