Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

98 Dyna Low Rider (dual discs) dual/double banjo bolt

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 01:31 PM
fadingfastsd
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 98 Dyna Low Rider (dual discs) dual/double banjo bolt

Hey all,

Hoping you can help me figure this out quickly. Trying to finish up my bike for a camping trip in a few weeks. I've got a 98 Dyna Low Rider that has dual front discs.

I'm in the process of swapping to 12" apes (using the stock 2" risers) and am changing all the cables. The original front brake line setup is all one piece, with a single line from the master cylinder, to a distribution block under the triples that runs lines to each front caliper. There's no way to extend this for the new bars.

I'm building new front lines out of Goodridge Sniper 2 line and fittings. I've already built the lines. Just for reference, all 3 banjo bolts are 3/8-24 thread.

The problem is the dual banjo bolt for the master cylinder to let me run 2 separate lines from it. I purchased the Goodridge 733-03LCH from TC Bros (where I bought all the fittings from). The problem is it's about 10mm too long when the thread bottoms out in the master cylinder. The fittings don't even line up with the holes if it did thread in all the way.

Anybody had this problem before? What dual banjo bolt did you use that is shorter? See my attached pic of the Goodridge catalog, looks like I need 733-03 (not L [long] version) that is about 10mm shorter. I can't find this part number or bolt anywhere!

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

Attached Thumbnails 98 Dyna Low Rider (dual discs) dual/double banjo bolt-img_20170804_202805.jpg   98 Dyna Low Rider (dual discs) dual/double banjo bolt-s-l1600.jpg   98 Dyna Low Rider (dual discs) dual/double banjo bolt-goodridge.png  
Old 08-06-2017, 01:09 PM
buell95
Road Warrior
Received 501 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by fadingfastsd
Hey all,

Hoping you can help me figure this out quickly. Trying to finish up my bike for a camping trip in a few weeks. I've got a 98 Dyna Low Rider that has dual front discs.

I'm in the process of swapping to 12" apes (using the stock 2" risers) and am changing all the cables. The original front brake line setup is all one piece, with a single line from the master cylinder, to a distribution block under the triples that runs lines to each front caliper. There's no way to extend this for the new bars.

I'm building new front lines out of Goodridge Sniper 2 line and fittings. I've already built the lines. Just for reference, all 3 banjo bolts are 3/8-24 thread.

The problem is the dual banjo bolt for the master cylinder to let me run 2 separate lines from it. I purchased the Goodridge 733-03LCH from TC Bros (where I bought all the fittings from). The problem is it's about 10mm too long when the thread bottoms out in the master cylinder. The fittings don't even line up with the holes if it did thread in all the way.

Anybody had this problem before? What dual banjo bolt did you use that is shorter? See my attached pic of the Goodridge catalog, looks like I need 733-03 (not L [long] version) that is about 10mm shorter. I can't find this part number or bolt anywhere!

Any ideas?

Thanks all!
Try Spiegler performance parts they should have what you need.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:39 AM
fadingfastsd
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a heads up for anybody that has this problem. Found the correct banjo bolt at a local brake/hydraulic shop.

BrakeQuip BQ8085 banjo bolt works perfectly.
http://www.brakequipproducts.com/pro...-24-unf-double