General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD via Tiwan accessories

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 02:32 AM
carsnot4me
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD via Tiwan accessories

I want to know how others feel about openig a genuine HD, Ford,GM,Chrysler,box to get their part or accessory out to find that the sob was made in Taiwan that pisses me off in the HD accessorie book they should state where the parts were made. After all the industry and manufacturing jobs have been outsourced to other countries, where is it going to leave the working class? it probly will not be an issue in my life timebut what is going to happen with the younger generation? we worry about why the younger generation seems so selfishand selfcenteredwhere are the learining that? I know in Japan the trickle down effect involves 30% of the workers and here in the states is involves less than 1% so who are the selfish ones? big corprate ceo's getting millions while the companys are laying off blue collar workers wtf

Just venting must be time to go for a ride

Be safe

Carey

Old 04-21-2007, 03:59 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: HD via Tiwan accessories

If you vent too much I could use some duct tape to seal ya up(which is made in the USA).
Yeah I ain't too impressed when I buy something thinking wow.. this represents an American Icon..(of anything) and see where its actually made. I am blue collar union so.. Show me the Label!!

Yeah, all this is so very true, working class gets the shaft most of the time, while the welfare peeps suck it up and the rich hoard it.

Oh **** I could write an essay of a 500 pages on this crap... id keel over dead from all the hatred that would burn me up in writing it.

Time to dream about a ride tomorrow...
Shes all ready too, degreased her, washed her, dried her, polished her, waxed her... 11pm now.. few hours to sleep

Old 04-21-2007, 04:04 AM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

there is more forien made parts on your new Harleys than you might think right from the factory

Yamaha and Honda have more american parts and american made after market parts than most Harleys

Old 04-21-2007, 04:13 AM
fatrob
Cruiser

Sadly it seems to be a fact of life these days...[:@]

You should try being here in England - we make hardly anything at all of note these days.[:@]

Old 04-21-2007, 08:05 AM
jimb
Road Master

My company recently installed a fire protection system in a manufacturing plant thhat makes parts for Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi,Chevy and Dodge.The lead guy comes out when we were testing the system and he was Japanese.I just found it funny that parts for foreign and domestic were made in the same facility.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:36 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It doesn't bother me one bit.
It's economics in the 21 century. America is a consumer nation now.
The cost of anything "American" is almost triple of what an imported version would be, and the quality is the same if not better.
Just look at some of the absurd costs of American made custom parts. Not that the producers are not deserving, but their production costs are just unbelieveable here in the States.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:12 AM
johnny canuck
Road Captain

to fatrob,

The reason the English drink warm beer is because their refrigerators have Lucas electrics!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Deluxe07
Cruiser

Now I haven't researched this so take it with a grain of salt......but a buddy of mine told me his Toyota pick-up is more American made than today's Ford Mustangs are........value wise $ for $.

Who whould have guessed ??

Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

George C has some good points. I want to buy Canadian products, most of you on this forum want to buy American products, but it's just not possible. It is true that ifthe accessosories for your Harley were made in the U.S. or Canada we couldn't afford them.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:07 AM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thats why my parts don't come from harley. I can get USA made parts from other outlets plus your bike doesn't look like a cookie cutter custom

Quick Reply: HD via Tiwan accessories