Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Dealer service issue am I out of line here? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1063214-dealer-service-issue-am-i-out-of-line-here.html)

Mudbogg 08-04-2015 11:15 AM

Have you heard anything yet? I have been scrolling down to see what happened? I would be miffed too!!!

Dan.1977P 08-04-2015 11:47 AM

Did they zip tie the oil lines away from the pipes this time?
You want our opinions and the consensus sounds like you need to stop whining and pay for the services rendered. Don't want to wait for a part to be delivered to your dealer, get it delivered to your home and install it yourself. You paid the dealer prep fee and the only thing suspect from their side was that they didn't notice the oil lines were probably dangling too close to the pipes. I wouldn't be asking for a refund on that since I would have never paid it in the first place, but that's just me.
I really want to tell you to go to the feminine hygiene isle, buy a douche and wash the sand out of your vagina but that sounds a little harsh to me.

Next In Line 08-04-2015 12:10 PM

What does the invoice show?

bgup619 08-04-2015 03:30 PM

No call back yet, or reply to my email.. if I don't hear back today ill call them on my day off tomorrow. Dan if you want to insult me you'll do better with correct spelling funny man.. But good effort, keep it up you may improve..

I won't leave you guys hanging as soon as its resolved Ill post it..

gjasr1960 08-04-2015 03:50 PM

Split the difference

Tell them you'll pay 110.00 and call it a day. :icon_clapclap:

Dan.1977P 08-04-2015 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by bgup619 (Post 14271030)
No call back yet, or reply to my email.. if I don't hear back today ill call them on my day off tomorrow. Dan if you want to insult me you'll do better with correct spelling funny man.. But good effort, keep it up you may improve..

I won't leave you guys hanging as soon as its resolved Ill post it..

I'd like to know what is misspelled. My opinion still stands. You are crying about having to pay for something you agreed to pay for. And, you got an accessory item installed for free. If anything, the dealership should be considering sending your file off to collections. They made the mistake of thinking you already paid in their haste to get you out the door and back on your bike.

Mistakes happen. Ask your parents. Is that better?

RHillbilly 08-04-2015 05:14 PM

Go talk to them face to face that way you both can come to an agreement to not easy to get things settled by phone or email

DMWyant 08-04-2015 06:05 PM

:icon_lurk5: This should be fun

DMWyant 08-04-2015 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dan.1977P (Post 14271134)
I'd like to know what is misspelled. My opinion still stands. You are crying about having to pay for something you agreed to pay for. And, you got an accessory item installed for free. If anything, the dealership should be considering sending your file off to collections. They made the mistake of thinking you already paid in their haste to get you out the door and back on your bike.

Mistakes happen. Ask your parents. Is that better?

Just to be a troll you spelled aisle= isle
just sayin

Moneywoes 08-04-2015 06:55 PM

You requested and approved the work for installing the rear pegs. No question in my mind you owe this. Go back in and pay the bill.

You didn't have use of your new bike for about a week while waiting for parts to deliver. Unfortunate, but this is somewhat common. No one likes it but that's the way it often is.

They didn't present you with a bill when you picked up your bike witch is customarily how it is done. This is going to cost you an hour of your time to go back and pay this debt. They should have presented you the bill when you picked up the bike, this oversight is on them and cost you time and inconvenience. Talk to the service manager and ask him if your time is less valuable than theirs.. Or just pay the bill and get on with enjoying the rest of your life..