General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FP3 and Bassani

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Default FP3 and Bassani

Any one using the FP3 with a Bassani exhaust? Does V&H have a predefined map for any bassani exhausts or is this one you need to autotune or ask them to create a map? I don't know what air cleaner I will get yet. How are your results? I'm looking to get a Road Rage II for my FXDL and just want to pick a tuner that works well with it.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:59 AM
fake
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the Road Rage II is the 2-1 exhaust I'm thinking about, then select a generic 2-1 exhaust map from the FP3, then run auto tune.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Twospot
Road Captain

Yes it's the 2-1. Thanks. Is that what you had to do with your Cobra exhaust? If so, were you happy with the results?

Old 02-18-2016, 09:28 AM
fake
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Twospot
Yes it's the 2-1. Thanks. Is that what you had to do with your Cobra exhaust? If so, were you happy with the results?

I did a lot of different combos when I got my Cobra's.
The first thing I did was download the V&H Twin Slash map because the V&H slip on's were identical to the Cobra's I had just bought. The bike ran awesome and I had zero decal pop.

I then decided to run an auto tune on that map. After a few tanks, I loaded the auto tune map. Bike ran awesome.

I then changed out my air cleaner. This time, I downloaded a generic slip on map. I then ran an auto tune. Bike ran great but I felt the bike ran just a tad better with the V&H Twin Slash Map. I reloaded the Twin Slash map and the bike runs like a raped ape.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:54 AM
Twospot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fake
I did a lot of different combos when I got my Cobra's.
The first thing I did was download the V&H Twin Slash map because the V&H slip on's were identical to the Cobra's I had just bought. The bike ran awesome and I had zero decal pop.

I then decided to run an auto tune on that map. After a few tanks, I loaded the auto tune map. Bike ran awesome.

I then changed out my air cleaner. This time, I downloaded a generic slip on map. I then ran an auto tune. Bike ran great but I felt the bike ran just a tad better with the V&H Twin Slash Map. I reloaded the Twin Slash map and the bike runs like a raped ape.
Very cool! I appreciate the info.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Tony S.
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an FP3 and Bassani Firesweep exhaust on my Softail. I emailed V&H to see which map would be closest and ran autotune from there and all is well.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:57 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony S.
I have an FP3 and Bassani Firesweep exhaust on my Softail. I emailed V&H to see which map would be closest and ran autotune from there and all is well.
Which map did V&H say to chose? I am in the process of installing the same pipes.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Softail Seijo
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Bassani RR 2into1

Originally Posted by Twospot
Any one using the FP3 with a Bassani exhaust? Does V&H have a predefined map for any bassani exhausts or is this one you need to autotune or ask them to create a map? I don't know what air cleaner I will get yet. How are your results? I'm looking to get a Road Rage II for my FXDL and just want to pick a tuner that works well with it.
I have had the FP3 for a while and ran V&H slip-ons with a high flow air cleaner. I did some autotuning and the bike ran pretty well. A couplemonths ago I installed the Bassani RR, not even knowing that the FP3 didn't offer a map for this brand...maybe because they're a close competitor ?? I don't know. I have read that Vance & Hines is responsive if you email them with these issues but it's been 2 months and i have yet to hear back.
Over the last couple months I have ran the "Typical 2into1" and autotuned from there...the bike ran ok. I then ran the "Big Radius 2into1" and autotuned from there...it ran ok.
Today I decided to give ir another shot and after doing some more research, I tuned it to the "V&H Pro-Pipe" map with High Flow Air Cleaner...Damn near perfect! From the gate it runs way better then it did after many autotune sessions with other maps. I look forward to Autotuning this map to near perfection and I'm interested to see what I can get out of this thing with a better tune.
So if anyone has a Bassani 2into1 and is wondering what map to download, V&H Pro-Pipe is definitely the best way to go. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
braap_27 (04-17-2018)
Old 09-19-2017, 05:51 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,879 Likes on 1,492 Posts

I have the RR B4, 2 into 1. Also have a FP3.

Used the V&H Pro Pipe map. Ran two tanks on Auto Tune, ran great.

Turned throttle progresivity to 1:1, turned the decal pop setting to 1, and it runs better.

After 10k on the pipes, I ran auto tune again, and the bike really dialed in.

Last edited by Toypuller; 09-19-2017 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:31 AM
mo cajun
Road Captain
Received 134 Likes on 83 Posts

I have both on my bike and they are fine, I did the normal setup and after a moth I used the learning mode on the F3.