General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really don't like my local dealer's service scheduling

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,817 Likes on 5,884 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
but I think a little respect for their efforts is warranted. Otherwise, it's just one more example of no good deed going unpunished.
Sounds to me like you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:22 AM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

... but I think a little respect for their efforts is warranted.....
How much respect is appropriate from someone who couldn't keer less bout that particular club?
Acuz really, my measure is zero.. On the other hand, if you join a club for any recognition from outsiders,,,
Well that's just douchey isn't it.

Last edited by amkaos; 03-10-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Tired
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,646 Likes on 1,732 Posts

I assume, being so "Tired", that you are not involved with any social organizations. I further assume that you dedicate no time to such organizations. Of course, we know to "assume" may just be making an "***-u-me" - or maybe just ME. However, I love when people are insulted for their hard work [even their not-so-hard work]. I'm not suggesting any of the HOG Chapter officers be worshipped, but I think a little respect for their efforts is warranted. Otherwise, it's just one more example of no good deed going unpunished.
I agree that indeed, no good deed goes unpunished. But I also suspect you took my intentions a bit too seriously. My thought is if a person expects or accepts deferential treatment because of some group bestowed title, and puts it out in a forum for everyone to see, they should expect and accept a few elbows to the ribs.

I didn't read anything in this thread that seemed mean or overboard. It reads as a little snarky, smart *** fun to me. I laughed, and I would be willing to bet the HOG officers did too. Why are you so serious?

The following users liked this post:
sailmotion (03-11-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 12:14 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Me thinks one solution would have been got the dealer to offer the OP a loaner bike. Then he could have rode it to work the next day and picked up his bike on the way home.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:36 PM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I think a smile, friendly demeanor and a little understanding would get you further then any HOG officers position.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:13 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

I'd have to be pretty naive to believe I could at anytime just be a walk-in and get immediate service. Common sense says if I am a walk-in, I may have to take a number and wait. Kinda like the BMV. Otherwise, why bother making an appointment. Even if the dealer had 10 mechanics just for walk-ins and they were all busy, #11 guy has gotta wait.

Last edited by CVO SG; 03-10-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:07 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,998 Likes on 1,437 Posts

The place where I get my hair cut has a closing time of 5:30. You can make an appointment or just walk in and wait. Their policy is that anyone who is in the shop by 5:30 will get their hair cut that day. All the barbers know there is a possibility they will have to work late if there is a crowd of people waiting for a haircut at 5:30. I almost always go to get my hair cut during the day but I have utter respect for them for their policy of in by 5:30 and you get your hair cut regardless. Other business could learn a lesson from this barbershop. They have a lot of loyal customers for that reason.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:45 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Tired
Please add, "Exalted Hog Officer" to your sig? Please?
Hmmm... tempting! However, with all the criticism of "privilege", I wouldn't want to be seen as taking unfair advantage of my "HOG privilege"...

Old 03-10-2016, 04:58 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by PPBART
Hmmm... tempting! However, with all the criticism of "privilege", I wouldn't want to be seen as taking unfair advantage of my "HOG privilege"...
You're funny..lol... . This told me my reaction to your first post is right.... Lol... Even if you're joking... It's all good

Old 03-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Coolaid
Banned
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by PPBART
OK, at great personal risk... (bu my skin is pretty thick by now ...

I'm also an "appointed" (actually, elected) officer of my local HOG chapter. Several months ago I started to ride in to the dealership for the monthly HOG meeting and discovered my Deluxe had a flat rear tire. I know some bad-*** bikers here would have expected me to jerk the wheel off and change it by hand, but I figured WTH, I pay good money for AAA, so let them haul it in, and I make good money, so I'll just let the dealership fix it. I called AAA and got a truck out within about a half-hour, and rode with the driver to deliver the bike to the dealership.

I checked the bike in at about 10 AM, expecting a couple of hours wait for a new tire/tube. FIVE hours later I was still waiting when the dealership general manager noticed me in the maintenance waiting area. We're sorta friends thru my role in HOG and he knew I'd been there earlier, since I had chatted with him when I arrived that morning. He asked me why I was still sitting around, and when I told him I was still waiting on a tire change he simply went ballistic(!). He stormed into the maintenance office and I heard him demand "Can someone tell my WTF it takes 5 hours to change a tire???" Within less than an hour my bike was ready to go (even washed and wiped down), and I had been credited $200 in dealership rewards points. Moral of the story, I suppose, is that sometimes it does pay to be a HOG officer!

A HOG officer...and thats why...LMMFAO Dude check yourself.

Quick Reply: I really don't like my local dealer's service scheduling