General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How come the rudest people so far have been other harley riders?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,518 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by bigconan
Appropriate according to whom? I dress for the weather. If it's 90 degrees out, I'm not wearing some leather jacket or anything like that. I wear a tank top cause it's cooler while riding.. If some rather wear that suffocating and hot gear, be my guest. I choose not too. I'd rather be comfortable and not sweat my *** off.
Obviously you never heard the expression "Respect your elders, and betters".

I and others told you you could stay cool in Armored mesh.
When you are new at something and you join a forum you should respect the advice from more experienced members. I had a plan for RVing
I joined a RV Forum, 90% of the members told me it was a bad plan, so I abandoned it .

AS far as protecting me from a fall. I plan on not falling. I know that's a unique concept. But the best gear is between your ears. Don't crash. I maybe a new bike rider, but i've been on the road for over 20 years. I have good road awareness. And simply do not plan on getting in a crash. And contrary to the old myth about, only 2 kind of riders, those that have crashed and those that will is total bull. I personally know riders that have never had an accident in over 20+ years of riding.
I have been on the road over 40 years. Learned to drive in NYC. I was a professional CTA driver. I have been riding a motorcycle for 12 years, and took the BRC, and SRC.

In those 12 years I have never had an accident. But I have had some pretty damn close calls. I have seen some ignorant posts here in the 5 years I have been on, but I think yours is the most ignorant. You have 175 miles of experience, and you are this cocky? I never heard anybody that stupid.
Maybe you should lay off the anabolic steroids.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:01 PM
bigconan
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron750
Obviously you never heard the expression "Respect your elders, and betters".

I and others told you you could stay cool in Armored mesh.
When you are new at something and you join a forum you should respect the advice from more experienced members. I had a plan for RVing
I joined a RV Forum, 90% of the members told me it was a bad plan, so I abandoned it .

I have been on the road over 40 years. Learned to drive in NYC. I was a professional CTA driver. I have been riding a motorcycle for 12 years, and took the BRC, and SRC.

In those 12 years I have never had an accident. But I have had some pretty damn close calls. I have seen some ignorant posts here in the 5 years I have been on, but I think yours is the most ignorant. You have 175 miles of experience, and you are this cocky? I never heard anybody that stupid.
Maybe you should lay off the anabolic steroids.

Road experience is road experience, whether in a car or on a bike. Road experience doesn't simply disappear on a bike.. I'm not being cocky at all. While I am a new rider, i've been on the road a long time. And over 50% of all motorcycle accidents are alcohol related. or guys riding sports bikes going 120. Take those away, and the stats go wayyyy down...

Old 07-23-2016, 10:20 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 20,076 Likes on 6,786 Posts

Road experience is road experience, whether in a car or on a bike. Road experience doesn't simply disappear on a bike.. I'm not being cocky at all. While I am a new rider, i've been on the road a long time. And over 50% of all motorcycle accidents are alcohol related. or guys riding sports bikes going 120. Take those away, and the stats go wayyyy down...
First time a deer jumps in front of you or you hit anti-freeze in a turn you will come to the conclusion you don't always have control of your destiny. Even the best & experienced riders know how fast a situation can go sideways.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,518 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Appropriate according to whom? I dress for the weather. If it's 90 degrees out, I'm not wearing some leather jacket or anything like that. I wear a tank top cause it's cooler while riding.. If some rather wear that suffocating and hot gear, be my guest. I choose not too. I'd rather be comfortable and not sweat my *** off.
Originally Posted by Tommy C
First time a deer jumps in front of you or you hit anti-freeze in a turn you will come to the conclusion you don't always have control of your destiny. Even the best & experienced riders know how fast a situation can go sideways.
I hope the OP is just a troll yanking our chain. I don't think anybody could be this delusional for real.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:48 AM
zeke383
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Road experience is road experience, whether in a car or on a bike.
Not even close

Old 07-24-2016, 08:13 AM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
For God's sake man, do NOT wear a Sons of Anarchy tank top. You'll end up the focus of another thread.
Maybe that was it. The SOA tank top.

But seriously. "not planning on crashing" is about as naive a way of thinking imaginable. Be that as it may, you should take a peep at the thread that discusses skin disorders on people who have gone sleeveless or just worn t-shirts for years.

You may find that riding with a jacket is actually cooler without that hot wind blast against your skin. Where I live it tops 100° all summer. That hot wind blast is damned unpleasant. So, I wear a well ventilated mesh jacket and a full face.

But that's just me. To each their own. It's your skin. Burn it off, scrape it off in a crash you didn't plan for, or maybe be one of the fortunate few who never have an incident.

BTW, I didn't plan on crashing either. The coyote that jumped out in front of me obviously didn't get the memo.

Be safe man.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:13 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

I think you misunderstand. I wasn't trying to engage in any conversation. all I pretty much said was "hey, whats up" that's it.
No, you misunderstood.....what I am trying to get across to you from someone who has more time kick starting a bike than you actually have riding one, is that you need to be more concerned at this point in your riding career about paying attention to what is going on around you. Stop sweating what other biker's are doing!

Learn how to ride safe for a couple of years and then come back on here and cry about someone not verbally responding to your "hey, whats up" at the intersection!

Old 07-24-2016, 09:07 AM
Crashone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 192 Posts

Keep a list of next of kin in your wallet. This **** has gone sideways quick dude, you truly are in the douchbag leagues.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:12 AM
bill from tn
Road Captain
Received 267 Likes on 115 Posts

I tell the guys that work with me that 10% of the world are ********. Run across 100 people, 10 will be ********. Doesn't matter if it at work, at the grocery, on the road, they are there. Once you determine who they are and realize there is no way to avoid them life will be more pleasant.
Judging from the replies in this thread my number may be low.

I have seen all types on motorcycles. Super nice people far outnumber the bad ones.

Ride what you want, when you want, how you want and wear what you want. Don't worry what others think about you.

Get some seat time on the new bike. The first few months are the riskiest for you so be safe out there.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:31 AM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 806 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
It was the cargo pants. Cargo pants can be very tricky when accessorizing. What kind of shoes were you wearing and what color? What kind and color was your belt? Did they compliment your helmet, or did they clash? It would be helpful to know what color were the cargo pants as well as the tank top. HD riders are very fashion conscious and want to make sure you look good when you're out there "representin'". If you were wearing a scarf thinking it gave you the WWI Flying Ace look, it didn't. You'll have to surrender your man card.

For God's sake man, do NOT wear a Sons of Anarchy tank top. You'll end up the focus of another thread. There is a fine line looking like Billy Badass versus Donny Douchebag. You don't want to cross it.

Here are some helpful tips.

1. Grow a beard. I know....you're going to look gay for the first month. Hang in there once you're sporting a decent amount of facial hair you are well on your way.

2. Get some tattoos. The more the merrier.

3. Get a novelty helmet. The ones that look like a **** or Star Wars Storm Trooper are quite popular. It will help you look dangerous.

4. Wallet on a chain. That is a "Must Have". Forget the fanny pack. That look just can't be pulled off on a Harley.

5. Put together an outfit that you like and then stick with it. Wear it every time you ride and what ever you do, don't wash it. Ever.

6. Practice your "man nod" and the "biker wave" and you'll be golden.

There you have it. Follow everything I've detailed above and you will be accepted into the fold.

Alternatively, you could just say "fock it!", go for a ride and forgetaboutit.
Sarah, I like your style !
Still laughing,
Can't believe how many posts this nonsense issue generated.

Quick Reply: How come the rudest people so far have been other harley riders?