General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sacred Steel on discovery

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 10:02 AM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Sacred Steel on discovery

Anyone catch the new chopper show on Discovery called Sacred Steel? Got a chance to watch the pilot episode last night and it wasnt bad, the knucklehead they built sure was a pretty bike.

first , let me say that if a show is about cars or bikes, I'm watching it. I try and support any show that is related to our hobby and isnt a real housewives/ kardashians type of B.S. But why does every car/motorcycle builder show have to focus around some ridiculous time line? I know the producers feel the need to create drama but does every single series have to be the same?

These guys seem like cool guys, they built a beautiful knucklehead chopper, I wish they would leave the pretend drama out of the series and just show killer bikes.

My favorite part was when one of the guys was talking about painters/chromers saying they were all high from fumes and a sketchy bunch...man aint that the truth! That was the one tiny dose of real on that reality show!

what are your thoughts?

Old 09-16-2016, 10:23 AM
SirWraithe
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I enjoyed it also, i agree about the stupid deadline crap. Like they really wouldn't use the bike if it wasn't done by that day at that time for pics. I'm same way, Cars or Scooters they have my interest. Seem like a fun group on guys. Look forward to seeing where the show leads to.

The following users liked this post:
Dave15 (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

I haven't seen it yet, but did see the commercials during Harley & the Davidsons. I am sure they will replay these episodes, at least a few times over the next few weeks. Thanks for the reminder!

Old 09-16-2016, 11:17 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

I like it. They had a display at the Easyrider show in Anaheim a few years ago, cool bikes. I like the old style chopper stuff they do. Agree about the drama bs, at least it seems a little more low key on here so far. New episode on Monday night.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:37 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

I like, if true, that all of them have other jobs and this is a second job or hobby to them. A hobby that went out of control kind of....

I will watch it depending on when its on. Yea, the drama BS gets old but it keeps people watching.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:05 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,153 Likes on 3,798 Posts

Would love to see a motorcycle show that does not focus on choppers. How about a show that follows a shop doing other kinds of customization?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,704 Likes on 1,989 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Would love to see a motorcycle show that does not focus on choppers. How about a show that follows a shop doing other kinds of customization?
Yeah, this. Maybe a show about restoring antique/classic bikes.

I do agree with their comment about painters. Last time I had to contract a job out to a painter if took him 4 months to paint a rear fender. I figure these guys work when they "feel" it, 'cause they're "artists".

Old 09-16-2016, 12:30 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Taking it off my DVR. I don't know if I can take that working class hero BS for another episode. They all get checks for being on TV and had to have connections to get there...period. Drama, drama, drama and next week a cripple fight. The bike was "meh" and the whole show should have taken 5 minutes. No thanks.

Last edited by TexasMotorcycleRider; 09-16-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:59 PM
Grizzwood
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't care for it, appears to be another reality show full of hubris, maybe that's what it takes to get people to tune in, but its not for me.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:17 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

just like all the other "reality" shows.....not much "reality" lots of staged "drama"

Quick Reply: Sacred Steel on discovery