General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kokomo HD wins award but where are the Harleys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 09:47 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,694 Likes on 11,286 Posts
Default Kokomo HD wins award but where are the Harleys?

Front and center as you open this website are teaser fluff stories about Harley Davidsons. I am glad to hear Kokomo HD won second place best dealership from the Mothership.
But why post a photo where I can see at least three non-HD bikes at the dealer? Who does the photo editing?
https://www.hdforums.com/articles/ko...st-dealership/

Old 03-04-2017, 09:54 AM
teal379
Tourer
Received 171 Likes on 92 Posts

It's entirely possible for people to own brand X and like brand Y at the same time.

It's also possible that people who ride brand X also ride with people who ride brand Y at the same time.

It's also possible that the dealer has some sort of charity ride going on and for every charity ride I've ever been on - I've seen both brand X and Y on the ride.

And it's also possible that riders of brand Y were there to trade in on brand X.

That said - I don't think anyone is really offended that a Yamazuki was seen gracing the parking lot of a HD dealer. Bikes are not countries with territory to be defended.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:02 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,694 Likes on 11,286 Posts

Originally Posted by teal379
It's entirely possible for people to own brand X and like brand Y at the same time.

It's also possible that people who ride brand X also ride with people who ride brand Y at the same time.

It's also possible that the dealer has some sort of charity ride going on and for every charity ride I've ever been on - I've seen both brand X and Y on the ride.

And it's also possible that riders of brand Y were there to trade in on brand X.

That said - I don't think anyone is really offended that a Yamazuki was seen gracing the parking lot of a HD dealer. Bikes are not countries with territory to be defended.
You are correct of course but this photo is about a dealer who won a prestigious award. You would think the photo should support the product that earned them the award.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:09 AM
teal379
Tourer
Received 171 Likes on 92 Posts

A fish rarely notices the water. IMO it means more to me that a dealer can pull people in who AREN'T part of the Harley family to check things out than those that are.

IOW - they're doing something right to get people who chose other to revisit the brand.

Perhaps that's what they were trying to show.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:29 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,220 Likes on 2,467 Posts

so instead of saying you saw at least 3 that weren't Harleys, how many did you see that were?

also, definitely some kind of event going on, unless the dealership just has chicks washing bikes all the time...

Old 03-04-2017, 11:04 AM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
You are correct of course but this photo is about a dealer who won a prestigious award. You would think the photo should support the product that earned them the award.
^^^THIS^^^

I see that pic and think to myself, "How the hell did that place win anything?!?!?". Looks terribly uninviting, and not at all like a place I'd care to spend my time or money.

As far as the metric bikes littering up the parking lot, yes that adds to the uninviting image of the photo for me.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,618 Likes on 2,728 Posts

I rarely even look at the "front page". Member threads are more interesting.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:14 AM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Let's be honest, it's the Victory front and center that gets the kool-aid drinkers panties in a wad....

Old 03-04-2017, 11:36 AM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Man, y'all really need some warm weather dontcha? Got too much time on your hands it seems

Old 03-04-2017, 11:57 AM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
Front and center as you open this website are teaser fluff stories about Harley Davidsons. I am glad to hear Kokomo HD won second place best dealership from the Mothership.
But why post a photo where I can see at least three non-HD bikes at the dealer? Who does the photo editing?
https://www.hdforums.com/articles/ko...st-dealership/
The non Harley's are there for the free bike wash

Quick Reply: Kokomo HD wins award but where are the Harleys?