General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rather ride alone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:30 AM
baxter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rather ride alone?

ive been riding for couple years now and ive always ridden alone cus everyone i know rides rockets and dont have the same view on riding for pleasure.... one of my buddys that rides sportbikes picked up a honda cruiser and we took a short 50 mile cruise yesterday. first time riding along with a buddy... at first i was kinda cool with the fact i may have someone to roll with once in awhile.. we got to riding backroads and i just wasnt feeln it, i let him lead since we were in his kneck of the woods but i felt the whole time i no control choosing how to ride and at what speeds.... i like to choose my own path, speed, and enjoy the scenery and this cat jus wanted to ride hard an fast. maybe due to the fact hes used to riding sportbikes iono but when im in rural areas i like to cruise casual an chill.

anyone else prefer loning it opposed to grouping up?

Old 06-14-2007, 12:34 AM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rather ride alone?

U need to find another thumper,,,,,they roll as one.....

Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 AM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior

I like both, but do like to ride my onw pace my own path some times.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:39 AM
05 Wd Gld
Tourer

I always enjoy riding by myself over riding with a group. I never ride with a large group but, maybe five or six other bikes at the most. It seems that everytime we do ride as a group it is more of a hassle. I like to get in the zone and relax.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:42 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 05 Wd Gld

I always enjoy riding by myself over riding with a group. I never ride with a large group but, maybe five or six other bikes at the most. It seems that everytime we do ride as a group it is more of a hassle. I like to get in the zone and relax.

thats exactly what im sayn, when im alone i get into my zone and id even consider it a type of meditation, clears my mind and centers me. ....... man that honda was ugly...lol VTX 1800 i think it was, no thank you.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Catching a Breeze
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ride by myself probably about half ofthe time. I enjoy it too.

No major plans upon departure on those rides. Just take it as it comes and go where the soulleads.

I really enjoy those rides. It's good therapy.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:47 AM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'm really lucky to have a lot of riding buddies that just happen to ride the way I like. When our whole group rides out and my Dad takes the lead, it always goes really smooth for everyone. He's just that type of biker....experienced. However, I totally get what you're saying about riding alone....I just get the best of both worlds!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:53 AM
IraqIs4Lovers
Cruiser

I just love to ride. So some days I go out by myself and ride my own pace and other days I ride with a few friends. I've never done a poker run or any other big ride but riding with a few friends is always a good time. All of my riding buddies have the same riding style I do. One of these guys rides a crotch rocket but he enjoys a slow cruise once in a while too. To each his own but I just love to ride, with or without companions.

SSG Neil Bailey

Old 06-14-2007, 01:13 AM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I've riddenalone 99% of the time since splitting off with the MC many years ago... I'm pretty much a lone ranger all the way around I reckon. lol

Old 06-14-2007, 01:24 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm still fairly new to riding on the street(almost 2 years) and have a couple people I ride with (a bud & his wife) and we ride pretty much the same so riding style isn't bad but they like to stop alot & mainly bars,I'm not a big drinker anymore,or I won't be on my bike at the very least when I'm getting tore down[8D]So I enjoy riding by myself mostly and yet to ride in a massive group of bikes[&:]

Quick Reply: rather ride alone?