General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ear Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 11:43 AM
Pharrett
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like listening to music on rides and have a pair of Shure earbuds. They come with replaceable triple flange rubber earplugs. They cut out bike and wind noise and I can still listen to DSoTM without having to crank the volume to max.

I bought the SE425s, which are a little pricey, but have been worth every penny. They also have lower priced versions.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:19 PM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

I like the, "Hearos" brand. You can score them on Amazon. A bit pricey, but they work very well.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:05 AM
JohnnieH
Intermediate
Received 54 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopit
Who wears ear plugs when riding ? I'm looking for some that will allow me to hear music and surroundings sounds like cars , trucks , sirens ect , but cut down the wind noise and exhaust drone especially on longer rides. I believe this will also reduce fatigue. Over the years my ears have endured too much loud noise , tools , bands , stereo's , ect , they ring all the time.
I wear a half helmet and bought eargasm. I actually hear my radio better with them in. Convo is little muffled but usually hear well enough, I'd recommend. But I got some for wife and she hated them *shrug*

Old 06-11-2018, 02:17 AM
nzhd
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

http://earplugsonline.com/

I use these, putting a helmet on doesn't upset them. There a bit different to the usual foam p!ugs.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:13 AM
djohn
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
check out earpeace.com. The best I have used.
I agree. I used foam ones for years, but these work much better. They don't have the same degree of protection that you get from foam, but they are much easier to put in and cut wind noise to almost nothing.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:22 AM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 544 Posts

The earpeace ones I picked up for my trip worked great , easy to put in , comfortable and even kept my ear's dry in my 1/2 helmet one the way home , 300+ miles of my return trip were in moderate to heavy rain , had to pull over twice.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:19 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,473 Likes on 1,412 Posts

I recently ordered myself a set of custom moulded, dual driver, extended battery bluetooth earphones. Had the impressions done a week ago and now waiting for delivery. We'll see how they work.

They also have a filter fitted to allow external voice pass through.

These should be the best compromise between wind and engine noise reduction, audio quality, fit and utility.

Fingers crossed.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:59 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

i let my 3/4 helmet take care of the wind noise, and I have stock mufflers on my bike now to take care of the exhaust noise. However if I was to wear ear plugs I would walk over to the company vending machine and scan my time card "which is like a thick credit card" and get a free pair of silicone earplugs. I could get a set every day if I wanted to, their cheep made but free.

Last edited by 6 gun; 06-11-2018 at 06:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 12:33 PM
bad tappets
Road Warrior
Received 407 Likes on 328 Posts

I recently purchased "EarPeace" ear plugs, based on recommendations here. I love them! Just returned from a 1000 trip, the EarPeace were super comfy all day. They come with a spare plug, different noise reducing filters, and a really nice little aluminum case.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:54 PM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 544 Posts

I was happy with the Earpeace plugs and hadn't even bothered to try the Etymotic ones , that was a mistake. I can hear so much better with the Etymotic plugs. They didn't seem like they would be as comfortable so I didn't even try them on my trip to Kentucky. The Earpeace plugs work well but compared to the Etymotics you get that feeling your heads plugged up , I have to turn my tunes up more to hear them also with the Earpeace plugs.

Earpeace vs Etymotics I'll give the edge to the Etymotics ER20 High-Definition earplugs.

https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/he...er20xs-ms.html

Quick Reply: Ear Plugs