General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount ESP Bad Experience.. advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 06:43 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
Chances are your Buddy does or did work for my company, we've been doing inspections for 32 years.

Inspectors are to determine the cause and extent of damage only. We do not have pay or deny authority we just simply look the failure over determine what happened, document it with pictures and paperwork and report our findings.

Without going into details.We sent an Inspector to look at the OP's bike. There was no sign of abuse or continued operation period. NONE. It was a simple and common failure.
I see TN as one of your locations. I'm pretty sure He was in the Nashville area and recently moved onto a houseboat He bought. If He does work for you, you'll know who He is by that description. lol. Funny thing, I met Him through this site when He lived up here by Me.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:33 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
I see TN as one of your locations. I'm pretty sure He was in the Nashville area and recently moved onto a houseboat He bought. If He does work for you, you'll know who He is by that description. lol. Funny thing, I met Him through this site when He lived up here by Me.
Actually I live and work in Florida. I have a cabin in Tennessee near Tellico Plains.
I'll have to ask the guy that handles the Nashville area.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:42 PM
larry bart
Road Master
Received 289 Likes on 112 Posts

So Jim Palmer are the First Extended policyholders tied up in the problems at the Boardtracker dealership????

Old 03-29-2019, 03:29 AM
Hd589
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by larry bart
So Jim Palmer are the First Extended policyholders tied up in the problems at the Boardtracker dealership????
jim seems busy hiding after taking the money and running with it. I don’t expect we’ll hear much from him now that his scam has been exposed.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:08 PM
Hairy Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 4,603 Likes on 3,218 Posts

Originally Posted by larry bart
I don't know about that but would be interesting to find out.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:28 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
Yeah,,,, I'm calling BS on the highlighted part. I bought the Discounted HD ESP through you back in '12 and then cashed in the remainder of the balance in '14 when I traded that bike. Still have the paperwork here in a file cabinet. Makes me wonder what else is BS.
Yea, I thought it was around 2014 or so myself. But anyway, I personally haven't heard much for bad experiences besides this one.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:28 PM
cchuck3537
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I just bought the Discount ESP plan a month and a half ago. This is rather shocking with all of the good reviews I have seen. I am sorry you are dealing with this and I hope all can be resolved for you.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:13 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by jlopez731
"We" but it's just you.

You see Jim, I understand that you are saying Discount ESP is managed independently of the Boardtracker dealership or JHD Holdings but it is quite in fact managed by you... THROUGH JHD Holdings.
Yes, you are using the same company address, same Dealership ID number as Boardtracker for Discount ESP and overall just a bad company with bad history to be affiliated with.

Yes, you are the Business Manager at Boardtracker HD which is owned by JHD Holdings Inc who is coincidentally being sued by Harley Davidson Credit Corp for Check & Inventory fraud and breach of contract.

You, Jim Palmer, are ALSO a licensed insurance agent with one of your many License #0M47605 who hides behind all of these business names and has the decision power to say Yes or No to each individual claim.
The evidence leading me to believe that you "hide" behind these "business names" is because you have multiple "companies" and one of them, Discount ESP, is administrated by Assurant.... which is a turnkey business.
Meaning you PAY Assurant money to handle everything for you for Discount ESP and you simply have the power to say yes or no to each individual claim. Hence why you are here making this reply to better help your image. More money.
You can word it however you want, but you can't bullshit your way out of the truth. This isn't sales anymore. This is a scam.

https://www.assurant.com/partner-wit...agent-services

So you state that approved claims are in fact paid for by JHD Holdings Inc.
That statement leads me to believe that my legitimate claim of mechanical breakdown is being denied possibly because of your financial troubles. EVEN though the repair facility and your backup insurance company Virginia Surety Co are trying to get you to approve my very legitimate claim. Could this be because you guys are having quite the money troubles. I don't know.
Well Jim, I know you are legally required to have a backup insurance company. A.k.a Virginia Surety Co. So it kind of sounds like you are using this as a "selling point".

Heres the shocker.
Im not the one controlling everyone like puppets. I am not pulling the strings. I am simply following all the procedures and steps and even having my bike towed and calling everyone and dealing with all of this. You are the one pulling the strings. You are the one playing games. I am just the victim. I am not the instigator. I am literally no more than a scammed customer and not demanding anything. Just like everyone else involved, I am trying to figure out WHY you are doing what you are doing.

Please stop trying to persuade people by saying you have "more flexibility for aftermarket components".
You will just deny these people their claims and they will be routed to your backup insurance company for an appeal who will just be denied by them and they will be stuck in my position.
It's so easy for you.

By the way,
This specific claim has not been resolved fairly.

In other words Jim, you can get away with being a con artist by claiming the provision of "abuse" listed in the contract and then have no evidence to back it up.
You pay the third party services such as First Extended/Assurant to handle claims, customer service, etc.. so you can hide behind all of these companies and phone numbers and procedures so no one can stop you.

This is very misleading. The truth is you pay Assurant to deal with your customers so you don't really have to do anything. You choose how you want to participate, based on:
  • Want/need for control of the claims process
https://www.assurant.com/partner-wit...to-reinsurance

You are the administrator, the inspector and the adjuster. Why you don't want to pay? I don't know. But I assume its because your dealership, (which you are Business Manager and use to conduct your Discount ESP business), is in huge trouble with HDCC through a lawsuit. I am eager to learn more on this case on Monday through court documents. Do you have a role in this particularly as you're the BUSINESS Manager?

"Its my mission to ensure mechanical coverage takes place".. Come on! Your own actual words on the phone were literally saying that you have a "strong feeling" about denying my claim even though it contradicts your inspectors report! You're such a con artist. You are good at this persuasion stuff! I hope no one gives you any more of their hard earned money.

A simple WHO IS database lookup shows you created Discount ESP in 2014.
Who IS Discount ESP Link
And your other business The MVP Insurance Agency was created in 2015.
Who IS MVP Insurance

A decade.. huh? Well it could be true since you worded it "project" and I understand you have had ESP companies before Discount ESP.. but you're just inflating your words and you are a very persuasive salesperson.

Another company? Or just a new website.. But why so many!!
I'll surely be on the lookout for it!

http://discountesp.com
http://themvpinsuranceagency.com/about/staff/10616
https://alicorsolutions.com/
https://www.amig.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-C...26232&fref=tag
http://www.thecurtisagency.com/?fbcl...ia5L903uPwS1Do
http://mynovoloan.com/
https://www.facebook.com/themvpinsuranceagency/
https://www.facebook.com/people/Jim-...00010883280571
https://www.facebook.com/jim.palmer.5458
Not one post by Jim Palmer, since the post above. Kinda makes you wonder, huh Jim? If you are as bad as the OP has stated (and has provided quite a lot of information) then I certainly would not want to be you on Judgement day. However, I would like to stand next to you and say goodbye as you travel down. Therefore, you should have no trouble "selling ice water in Hell."

Last edited by hbsoldier3; 04-22-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:33 PM
Hairy Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 4,603 Likes on 3,218 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Not one post by Jim Palmer, since the post above. Kinda makes you wonder, huh Jim? If you are as bad as the OP has stated (and has provided quite a lot of information) then I certainly would not want to be you on Judgement day. However, I would like to stand next to and say goodbye as you travel down. Therefore, you should have no trouble "selling ice water in Hell."
I followed this thread from the beginning and thought the same thing about Jim Palmer. He never offered a defense or a denial that it happened the way the OP stated. I was in a state of disbelief that he denied a claim because of an aftermarket tire was installed. Very disappointing for sure.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:17 AM
GOV5
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,451 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Hairy Larry
I followed this thread from the beginning and thought the same thing about Jim Palmer. He never offered a defense or a denial that it happened the way the OP stated. I was in a state of disbelief that he denied a claim because of an aftermarket tire was installed. Very disappointing for sure.
And everybody gave me hell last year when I posted about my problems with the ESP process and my local Harley Dealer/service dept., basically saying I was a whining little snit and I should "man up". Well welcome to REALITY everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA!! He who laughs last, laughs best!

If you want to know about a possible scam in the future, just go to OMAHA here. He found out a lot of information about the links between Discount.ESP, Boardtracker HD , First Extended, and JHD Holdings, Inc. I don't know how he did it, but I applaud his researching skills. Well done OMAHA!

First of all folks, the Discount ESP plan is not, and never was, "JUST LIKE " ( as was claimed) the HD Extended Warranty Plan. It didn't include everything the HD plan covered. So right there you could see one reason it was cheaper than the HD plan. I'm not pushing the HD plan either. They are priced ridiculously high with very healthy profit margins for the selling dealership. BUT, they are very easy on the customer when a problem occurs with the motorcycle. You show your card, the work is done, usually that day or the next, and you come back and pick up your bike and ride away....simple, easy, no problems. THAT ISN'T the way it works with DiscountESP...AT ALL!! I can personally verify that!

I couldn't believe there was so much love for Jim Palmer at this place. I called him twice and was told he was "out" both times. He never helped me at all.

Quick Reply: Discount ESP Bad Experience.. advice?