General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount ESP Bad Experience.. advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 09:12 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

I think this article is helping to explain why boardtracker is taking up to 4 weeks to process an order

Old 03-01-2019, 09:17 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by purpledeuce
I think this article is helping to explain why boardtracker is taking up to 4 weeks to process an order
It's gonna be hard to get a loan for six million when you don't pay HD financial. those two dealers will be flying new colors.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:18 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
Why should he cancel the ESP for a partial refund instead of demanding the coverage he paid for?
I would think the carrier of the policy will continue to deny his claim, despite how much he demands otherwise. All they have to say is he abused the motor. I would think an attorney will cost him more money and certainly a lot more time to get resolution. It’s a bitter pill to swallow, but by sharing this story I’d imagine more people will
cancel their esp (I just sent an email to cancel mine). Others may be swayed to not purchase to begin with.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:00 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,337 Likes on 11,166 Posts

The denial of the ESP claim is BS. The OP should probably seek the advise of a lawyer, to get the coverage he paid for. There probably should also be expert testimony. Then pay extra for S&S lifters.

Per other posts, Boardtracker is having cash flow issues. Best to get your chain in before they go Chapter 13.

Last edited by TriGeezer; 03-01-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:06 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,219 Likes on 2,467 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
Just from reading on this forum it sounds like Mr Palmer has had to switch who carries his coverage. If I can pick that information up you can bet your average dealer knows who pay's and who does not.
the reason he switched is that the former product he sold was not legally allowed to be sold in florida. esp's fall into a grey area between a warranty and insurance, and florida considers them insurance. so he went with another company that is legal in all states.

The following users liked this post:
Rollbar (09-04-2022)
Old 03-01-2019, 11:36 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,539 Likes on 1,627 Posts

I "rolled the dice" today and purchased a DiscountESP policy.

At less than half the cost of the H-D ESP and also the "alternative plan" that my dealership promotes, I knew there may be some risk but I'm hoping (as with any other insurance policy) that I will never have to file a claim.

This will be my third ESP ever, and on the other two I've had a total of three claims which did not come near the cost of those plans so I guess I'll have to wait until I (if ever) have a claim to truly determine if I made a good or bad decision in going with this plan.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:57 AM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

The whole extended warranty is the same with cars or motorcycles. Its a moneymaker for a reason.

If you can afford a few bucks to fix your bike you may want to take the risk and save a lot of money. Based on the numbers most people will buy it for peace of mind, which has value. But financially not the best way to go.

The following 2 users liked this post by JakeC7R:
hattitude (03-11-2019), TriGeezer (03-02-2019)
Old 03-02-2019, 06:39 AM
leftyjm
Road Warrior

Received 395 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
Nothing complicated. They are out of money, can't pay their bills, and are accused of engaging in fraudulent transactions in order to try to buy time.
Oh that’s all.......I thought it might be something serious! 🤔

Old 03-02-2019, 07:03 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
the reason he switched is that the former product he sold was not legally allowed to be sold in florida. esp's fall into a grey area between a warranty and insurance, and florida considers them insurance. so he went with another company that is legal in all states.
When the mother ship is coming for 6 million your **** is in deep kimshi..

Old 03-02-2019, 10:58 AM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

i don't know the exact legal connection between board tracker hd distributor and the after market extended warranty or service contracts sold by Discount ESP maybe that is important before both get thrown under the bus. Or maybe not, many have discussed trends after one instance and connected two random things before.

Quick Reply: Discount ESP Bad Experience.. advice?