General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 08:17 AM
mshred
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Definitely not going to make any friends here by bashing Fuel Moto...they're highly touted.

IMO, you're being a tad impatient and just have to have some faith...sometimes you're not in-the-know on what's happening on "their" side. Try contacting them via. the forum.
That a joke? Great company and they have taken care of me with some issues I had with the tuner I got from them, but not sure I would characterize the experience of the o.p. as impatient or bashing. He has every right to be annoyed at this point, but I do think they will make it right as they are that kind of company which is why they have a great rep.

The following 2 users liked this post by mshred:
BigDawgQC (03-08-2019), tar_snake (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:09 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

I don't think the original poster is impatient. He has gave FM plenty of time and he has called them more then 1 time to. However FM is one of the best for customer service and I have had nothing but good luck with them on multiple occasion's. Must be a mix up along the lines on this one. I feel FM will make this right.

Last edited by GPHDXLC; 03-08-2019 at 09:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,045 Likes on 6,219 Posts

Give Jamie a call.

Old 03-08-2019, 10:34 AM
wesley carter
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Chamokie, Roadwarrior, I will do just that. Thank you for the help..
Iceman 24- As I look back at what you said, I get it in a way posting ones problems with a company on a forum could be considered bashing.. 30 years ago you would have had to pass out flyers to no avail.. So I see your point.. On the other hand 3month 13 days after the sale, before I said a word about it on a forum.
To all others that posted, Thank you for the insight. This forum was the reason I went to FM. To many happy people to go wrong. Unfortunately my first dealing with them not so much. I could have canceled the order went some where else. I am sure FM would not have givin me a problem with a refund I just really wanted a great experience From a company that so many others have boasted how happy they were..

GalvTexGuy (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:38 AM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
I don't think the original poster is impatient. He has gave FM plenty of time and he has called them more then 1 time to. However FM is one of the best for customer service and I have had nothing but good luck with them on multiple occasion's. Must be a mix up along the lines on this one. I feel FM will make this right.
^^^This.

I've had nothing but great experience with FM myself. But even I would be aggravated here.

tar_snake (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:44 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by wesley carter
I just really wanted a great experience From a company that so many others have boasted how happy they were..
....... and i'm sure that'll happen
.... it's only been 8 hrs since you 1st posted (&wtf are you doing on the forum @ 1AM ?) and i bet Jamie's in touch w/ya today
........ you'll certainly end up w/a big smile & be a lot faster when yer done.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:02 AM
tjcaron
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Certainly can understand the frustration. However, you rarely hear of or see any issues with Fuel Moto. I'd be willing to bet if you talk to Jamie he will fix whatever the issue is. If you can't get ahold of him via phone he is very active on here and on Facebook.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:10 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Hey all, Looking for some kind of advice .. On Nov 25 2018, I ordered a ceramic coated mid pipe and a power vision tuner to the sum of 1000.00. They showed in stock when I ordered them..
I waited a couple weeks to see if it would ship nothing. So I called them up the said they were on back order and said they would begin to ship them out on Jan 1. Wasn't happy but no biggy wasn't ridding in Michigan anyways.. I Called back 2nd week in jan some thing happend and they would ship out in Feb. Here it is in March and still no mid pipe or tuner. Now on to the 2nd part of this.
I call up Fuel moto to set up a slot to take my 17 sg up to them and get a big bore kit done. Got my date and time, on June 26 9am.I am Happy as **** more power. They told me they would send me a itemized invoice of parts and labor cost .. Now mind you I had to put a 250 dollar deposit for the slot.
I waited no invoice, so I call them and was told I will talk to some one and have mikala ( I think that was her name) to email me an invoice. Did not happen. I have read over and over how great this company is on multiple forums. Now I'am just plain pissed off and ready to say F$%^ it... Fuel moto needs to make this **** right some how... it is not like I'am spending 100 bucks I am spending a good chunk of change with this company. But it should not matter if it was 100, a customer is a customer..
Thoughts?
A short answer is we have been experiencing long lead times with the company that does our ceramic coating and we are admittedly behind on backorders for our Jackpot M8 head pipes due to demand that has increased beyond our expectations, I won't make excuses as this is unacceptable for us and our customers. The good news is we will will be shipping ceramic pipes starting early next week by sequence of order date and you are in that group. I will have to check on your service estimate and see where that was emailed, I will have Tony or Bob contact you today to go over all of the details of your appointment and answer any questions you may have.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following 8 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
Beaux (03-08-2019), CaptainAwesome (03-08-2019), GalvTexGuy (03-08-2019), JayStronghawk (03-09-2019), Prot (03-09-2019), rjheff (03-09-2019), Uncle Larry (03-08-2019), WEINERDOGBONE (03-08-2019) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,212 Likes on 941 Posts

I have dealt with Fuel Moto in the past and they have always been an upstanding company to do business with!! As you can see from Jamie's response above

Old 03-08-2019, 12:27 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Chamokie, Roadwarrior, I will do just that. Thank you for the help..
Iceman 24- As I look back at what you said, I get it in a way posting ones problems with a company on a forum could be considered bashing.. 30 years ago you would have had to pass out flyers to no avail.. So I see your point.. On the other hand 3month 13 days after the sale, before I said a word about it on a forum.
To all others that posted, Thank you for the insight. This forum was the reason I went to FM. To many happy people to go wrong. Unfortunately my first dealing with them not so much. I could have canceled the order went some where else. I am sure FM would not have givin me a problem with a refund I just really wanted a great experience From a company that so many others have boasted how happy they were..
I do understand your frustration. I would also like to note that we sent three different email updates to everyone that has head pipes on backorder with us, last week's update noted a ship date of March 11th. I do apologize for any inconvenience to you or any of the other customers with pipes on order. Here is a copy of the email that was sent out last week:

"We would like to thank you for your order of the M8 Jackpot ceramic coated head pipe as well as your patience while the pipes are on back order. The good news is that we will have pipes finished and ready to ship very soon. We are on track to start filling backorders for HTC ceramic head pipes the week of March 11th by sequence of order date.

We greatly apologize for these delays, as it is our aim to have product in stock at all times; demand has been unusually strong and unfortunately it put us behind. Each of these pipes are fabricated and welded by hand, by skilled craftsman, and to build products in this regard takes extra time. We assure you that when you receive your pipe, you will be impressed with the workmanship. Jackpot head pipes are truly the highest quality, best fitting pipes available, and we back this up with a lifetime warranty on the product. Again, we thank you for your patience, and if you have any additional questions just let us know.

Thank you,
The Fuel Moto Team"

Prot (03-09-2019)

Quick Reply: Problems with Fuel Moto