General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes speaker pod

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 03:44 AM
Twotone2t
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hogtunes speaker pod

I have read that the hogtunes tweeter pod makes a world of difference in your sound. I recently installed this on my Electra glide with after market radio. I ran these straight off of radio. Radio is 55x4 watts. My 6.5 are driven by a ss pn4 1000D amp. Not much sound coming out of the tweeter pod. Is this normal or do they need to be amp driven. Honestly they havnt improved my sound at all.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:40 AM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Originally Posted by Twotone2t
I have read that the hogtunes tweeter pod makes a world of difference in your sound. I recently installed this on my Electra glide with after market radio. I ran these straight off of radio. Radio is 55x4 watts. My 6.5 are driven by a ss pn4 1000D amp. Not much sound coming out of the tweeter pod. Is this normal or do they need to be amp driven. Honestly they havnt improved my sound at all.

Depends on your expectations. What are you trying to improve on? Tweeters are very simple components in an audio system and only handle high frequency sounds. Just adding a set of them to any existing setup isn't going to turn a mediocre sounding setup into something that rocks your world, with or without a new amp to drive everything. Adding a set would possibly increase clarity of vocals, spoken words, and depending on placement can create a somewhat more immersive sound...but it won't change the overall dynamics to a degree that is night and day compared to any existing setup. To really gets things going you will need to up the lows and mids, add additional speakers and a new amp to handle it all and that's going to get really expensive. The change with adding the hogtunes pod is probably only going to be being able to hear things somewhat clearer depending on other factors.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:19 PM
leachman
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

When hooked up according to directions and used in conjunction with the hogtunes amp, the sound is incredible.