General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Jackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,203 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
Tons of bike threads. Lots of people like foxcreek. I have two, good jackets, But prices sure went to their heads. I am curious about hillside. Then you got people who spend $$$ for schott and langitz?

Myself I think they make the leather overly thick so people think they are getting more than they need. Unless you don't slow down when drinking and lay it down a lot.

As for arms, most riding jackets are long. I have long arms, and have not had an issue.
Schott is $$, langlitz is $$$$. I bought one a few years ago, had it made to measure. Ive owned vanson, bates, schott, and a cal. The langlitz blows them all away. Id take one langlitz over one of each of the rest combined its so good.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:24 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

I am sure it is. I can afford it, but I just can't. As I said, as it is I think they make them overly thick just to fool people. Foxcreeks women's jackets are thinner. Are they not safe, or are women just smarter than us?

I'd just feel guilty. But I realize I spend money on other stuff, the people would think is frivioulous. I'd rather go buy a gun.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:00 AM
TracerBullet
Supporter
Received 5,203 Likes on 2,833 Posts

I’ve tried a a bunch and am most happy with my Fox Creek. Just seems to fit me best and it is higher quality. My opinion cheap and quality do not go in the same sentence when talking leathers

Old 10-23-2019, 05:33 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,222 Likes on 4,772 Posts

I suggest a used FXRG. I bought one in ebay about 10 years ago and absolutely love it. I think at that time, I paid less than $300.00 for it. The guy even sent me the FXRG gloves along with it! One of the best jackets I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned plenty of them.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:06 AM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Zerk
I am sure it is. I can afford it, but I just can't. As I said, as it is I think they make them overly thick just to fool people. Foxcreeks women's jackets are thinner. Are they not safe, or are women just smarter than us?

I'd just feel guilty. But I realize I spend money on other stuff, the people would think is frivioulous. I'd rather go buy a gun.
My langlitz is thinner than my vansons were, bates was thinnest of the bunch. It is extremely stiff though. It was a total splurge for me, i figured i was going to drop 800-1000 on a vanson whats another couple hundred on the langlitz and get custom everything. I had the money, it was a bad *** year, wtf why not.

Old 10-23-2019, 07:23 AM
aecs
Road Master

Received 403 Likes on 225 Posts

I am anxiously awaiting my new fox creek

Old 10-23-2019, 07:34 AM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Jshopes
My langlitz is thinner than my vansons were, bates was thinnest of the bunch. It is extremely stiff though. It was a total splurge for me, i figured i was going to drop 800-1000 on a vanson whats another couple hundred on the langlitz and get custom everything. I had the money, it was a bad *** year, wtf why not.
For me !000 for clothes is a lot, when I can get some a good product like foxcreek a lot less. Which is soft out of the box. ucks that you spend that much and stiff. I think they have even gotten expensive.

I get it. I come in to money, and buy stuff too.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:09 PM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member

Z custom out in california does full custom jackets and theyre popular with the track guys in california. I wanted to try one of theres and theyre similar in price to fox creek. Same with johnsons leather but i think johnsons is a little closer to schott in price. I guess the guy that owns z custom made the hd and marlboro man jacket when he was working at bates.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:23 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 387 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Jshopes
Schott is $$, langlitz is $$$$. I bought one a few years ago, had it made to measure. Ive owned vanson, bates, schott, and a cal. The langlitz blows them all away. Id take one langlitz over one of each of the rest combined its so good.
Totally agree. I happened to be in Portland OR a few years back and wanted to see what all of the fuss was about, so I popped in to Langlitz shop. They really are great jackets and good people. They did all of the measurements for me and after, had me try one on that happened to be on the rack - it's like it was meant to be...so I walked out with it and have zero regrets. I have a Schott too and that 's great as well...just not as great as the Langlitz. I'm super frugal with most things, but when it comes to gear, I'm of the "buy once/cry once" philosophy. Wasn't an inexpensive jacket, but I wear it all the time and will never have to buy another jacket.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:34 PM
fshaw
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

TracerBullet,

Is your bike Twisted Cherry Color? Nice, I'm thinking of painting mine that color.

Thanks.

Frank

Quick Reply: Leather Jackets