General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Jackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 01:13 PM
fshaw
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Leather Jackets

Looking for a high quality jacket for next season that's reasonably priced. I have long arms (36" sleeve dress shirt) and need one that will cover wrists in riding position. Primarily interested in a jacket for colder weather with a liner that can be zipped out for summer. I'm looking for a traditional riding jacket with a center zipper and a 1 or 2 chest pockets along the lines of the Milwaukee Leather scooter jacket, dark brown would be a plus. What have you worn that you'd buy again for fit and quality?

Thanks.

Frank

Old 10-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

I know it's not leather but I got this jacket for xmas last year and I love it. Pockets everywhere, waterproof, warm, zip out liner, everything you want in a riding jacket.

http://www.pilotmotosport.com/trans-urban-jacket-v2/

Old 10-22-2019, 01:49 PM
Sherando
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I got a First Manufacturing Vendetta from Revzilla. It's very warm, zip out lining and zip venting for warmer days.

The following users liked this post:
Road Star (10-23-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 01:54 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,310 Likes on 11,157 Posts

Very happy with HD FXRG jacket. It’s kind of heavy. Removeabke liner. Inner and outer pockets, front and rear zipper vents. Sleeve zippers.

Wore mine almost daily for 7 years. Now has a nice worn patina look. Had to replace the front zipper this past spring.

I’d buy it again.

edit: A must have IMHO is a 2 direction main zipper.

Last edited by TriGeezer; 10-22-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:57 PM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts
Old 10-22-2019, 02:01 PM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,443 Likes on 4,136 Posts

Check out the classifieds here on HDforums.

There's a steady stream of jackets being offered. There have been some real gems in there.

Old 10-22-2019, 03:19 PM
stevensctt
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fshaw
Looking for a high quality jacket for next season that's reasonably priced. I have long arms (36" sleeve dress shirt) and need one that will cover wrists in riding position. Primarily interested in a jacket for colder weather with a liner that can be zipped out for summer. I'm looking for a traditional riding jacket with a center zipper and a 1 or 2 chest pockets along the lines of the Milwaukee Leather scooter jacket, dark brown would be a plus. What have you worn that you'd buy again for fit and quality?

Thanks.

Frank

I have a Harley Davidson FXRG, with liner, size XLT (Extra Large Tall) and part number 98508-03VL. I wear a 36.5-37'' dress shirt sleeve length and sleeve length on the jacket would be no problem for you. Approximate measurements are 26" pit-to-pit, 27.25" top of shoulder seam to end of sleeve cuff, 29.5" base of back collar to bottom of jacket.

I planned to list here soon and can maybe have photos later today. Jacket is in very good condition, no rips, stains and all zippers, buttons and snaps work as they should. $220 shipped CONUS

The FXRG is HD's higher end clothing line. Functional Extreme Riding Gear.

Old 10-22-2019, 03:25 PM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,669 Likes on 1,670 Posts
Default Leather Jacket

If your looking for high quality there are several manufacturers of American made leather jackets. Schott, Vanson ,Fox Creek, Langlitz, Hill Side Leathers, Lost World's, to name a few.. I would check out U.S.Wings in Ohio, they offer both Import and U.S made Leathers at various price points. Great folks, US veterans and great selection. Their signature series is made in the USA..

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (10-23-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 05:15 PM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior

Received 1,077 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by CaffeineBuzz
Check out the classifieds here on HDforums.

There's a steady stream of jackets being offered. There have been some real gems in there.
Also look on ebay, craigslist, and facebook marketplace if you don’t need to buy new. Just like garage queen bikes, lots of barely or never used gear out there.

I have a Fox Creek that I found used for cheap in my size. I had been to their store in Virginia to look and make sure of my size, then was planning on making it a Christmas or birthday gift to myself. It was like new but missing the zip-out liner, but Fox Creek was able to put a new liner in for less than I expected (I think it was ~$35 + shipping). Very nice people in person and on the phone. If I ever need another leather jacket I will buy another Fox Creek.

Mine is a regular size and the sleeves are made for riding - too long when standing but perfect when riding. They make tall sizes - see their website for how they measure.

Old 10-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Tons of bike threads. Lots of people like foxcreek. I have two, good jackets, But prices sure went to their heads. I am curious about hillside. Then you got people who spend $$$ for schott and langitz?

Myself I think they make the leather overly thick so people think they are getting more than they need. Unless you don't slow down when drinking and lay it down a lot.

As for arms, most riding jackets are long. I have long arms, and have not had an issue.

Quick Reply: Leather Jackets