General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay burn

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM
mtdave2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay burn

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170120359918
i bought this tank, put it in, even had oil in it for a few weeks while i was installing my new trany. no probs with leaking. after 2 short test rides with the new trany, i noticed a pin hole leak on the underside, leaking bad.
this of course pissed me off beyond believe, so i ripped the pos off. Now that i look at it, there are a few other pits in the chrome that could start leaking at any time. I email the seller, and he sends me the following
Dave,
I am sorry to hear about the tank. All of the tanks are pressure tested during manufacturing. If there was a hole in it, it would not have been sent to chroming. That is really strange. I can't really take it back because it already has oil in it and has been used. I can offer you 10% off your next order with Frontiercycle, either here or on our website, www.frontiercycle.com.
Thanks,

Frontiercycle

what kind of crap is that? is he saying im lying to him? i was very careful with all the work on this job, i know i did not cause this. when you look at it you can tell its a defect.so, the only thing i can do is spread the word to not buy from this frontiercycle off ebay.... %#(@#
$ burns my ***

Old 07-17-2007, 06:38 PM
tank69
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ebay burn

FWIW, if you put it on a credit card, you can dispute it. I think it sucks this guy won't make it right, did you try calling him? If he doesn't make it right, tell him you will leave negative feedback and put him on every "bad sellers" list on all the internet forums you belong to. Sounds childish, but bad news travels fast on the net. I can't believe this guy is going to sacrifice his "good name" for $90..

Old 07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Zzack
Cruiser

I'd be relentless with this. No way I'd tuck tail and walk away with that reply. Start by sending him an email with a link to this thread Total BS right there. Good luck. Hope there's a happy ending to this.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:26 PM
mtdave2
Cruiser

good idea, i think ill do that! the amount of bad press he will get over 90 bucks is stupid. why cant people in business see this?

my point is, every manufacture knows that there will be a % of bad units in a manufacturing run. just because they pressure test each one, does not mean there cant be a bad one..
im just steamed. its not the money, ill probably buy a new one tomorrow, its just getting screwed that pisses me off. Dont go into business if you have no intention of being honorable.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

I buy stuff off ebay and it is great to hear about the sellers to avoid.

THANKS!

Old 07-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't forget to leave negative feedback for him. Also, frontiercycle.com doesn't bring up anything motorcycle related- it's some pakistani owned digital printing something or other site...

http://www.frontiercycle.com./index....t&Itemid=3

Old 07-17-2007, 10:11 PM
skullandcircle
Road Captain

lose the . after the com

I would definately make an issue of this. One person can spread a lot of bad publicity on the internet. Plus email Ebay, they are pretty good at helping with these things.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:17 PM
mtdave2
Cruiser

the problem with leaving bad feedback is, after i installed the tank, filled it with oil, everything looked great. so i left good feedback. i have emailed ebays help desk to see if i can change it. guess the lesson is to wait until its all done before leaving feedback.

when i get home tonight ill take a close look, prehaps grind the chorme back and see whats under there.... after photos of course.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you paid with paypal file a dispute if you did not pay with paypal hope you used a card to pay. in the future always pay with paypal so you can recover your money in the event an oil tank is defective. If you are like me I leave feedback as soon as i get it in most times or right after i check it.
sorry to hear about the tank hope you get it worked out.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:32 PM
mtdave2
Cruiser

really? didnt know that. i did use paypal. looking into that now

Quick Reply: ebay burn