General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone going to Club HOG Down Home in Knoxville???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone going to Club HOG Down Home in Knoxville???

Just found out we are going to be kidless all next weekend so we were thinking about taking a ride down for this. Mostly to check out Montgomery Gentry and to ride the area. Hey it's only $15 per person. Not too bad. Anyone going??? Any suggestions on where to get a cheap hotel. The rally is at Chilhowee Park. Any advice on must-do rides???

Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 AM
rwjjr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone going to Club HOG Down Home in Knoxville???

Im not going to the rally,but theres alot of great riding around here.It is at Chilhowee park,which is in very bad inner city neighborhood.Id suggest looking for a motel in the west Knoxville area,or Strawberry plains,both are within 15 minutes of the park.As far as riding get a map look for Morgan county, around Brushy Mountain prison,its a very nice ride .

Old 08-19-2007, 02:23 AM
jblksmith1
Cruiser

I'm going but I know nothing about the area. Looking forward to chilling out and checking out the area.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:19 AM
jedsporty883
Tourer

Both krdsporty1200 and myself will be there. The Strawberry Plains exit off of I-40 (exit398) is probably the closest place to find safe, clean and modern hotels. There is a sideroad, Brakebill Rd., that you can take that will put you on the Asheville Hwy, U.S.25/70. Just head toward downtown and it becomes Magnolia Ave. Chilhowee Park is on Magnolia. There are a couple of great places to eat on Magnolia; The Pizza Palace which has been featured on Food Network, and Wok and Roll, chinese cuisine. But the rest of Magnolia is mostly run-down, a haven for prostitutes until you ride on into downtown and the city gets renovated and inviting. The Old City is a lively part of downtown. There's Market Square in downtown, also. We like to ride to Cumberland Gap and Wilderness Road State Park. Or down to Tellico Plains and into the Cherokee National Forest. Another great ride is up to Rugby and the Big South Fork.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Harley Guy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes - a group of about 60 are leaving Northern Ohio on Wednesday to go to Prestonburg, KY (back roads) and then to Knoxville on Thursday. We are staying in Powell, TN, about 15 miles from the Chil Park.

The WILDCARD is the weather in N.Ohio - its been raining for 48staight hours and is forecasted to rain all week.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:18 AM
smudge
Tourer

Thinking about it, some guys I deal with here at the shop are supposed to be there with a rolling road and a gas analyzer. Be nice to get the bike set up that way, as it will be spot on. I'm waiting for new pipes, so that will probably affect my current setup. Might see you there.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:37 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

what made HD decide to have it in a bad neighborhood? Someone must have had their head where the sun don't shine!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:46 AM
69z28
Road Warrior

Yes,we are going and will be there Thursday afternoon.Looking foward to it and to ride the BRP.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:39 PM
dg7080
Cruiser

Yep, headed up that way Wednesday afternoon with about 5 other bikes.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

I hope everyone going has a room because that is the same weekend as the Bristol race,and the hotels are FULL.I had to go through HOG in April to get rooms.Everyone was booked even then.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Club HOG Down Home in Knoxville???