General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95" Screaming Eagle engine???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:44 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95" Screaming Eagle engine???

I just wanted to put this out there to you guys. I have a question or two about my 03' FXSTD-SE CVO Deuce. I bought this bike back in July and at the time the PO was not available to question about the bike....I had to deal with his son. As you know the engine is a 95" (1550cc) power plant with SE flat top pistons and a 10.25:1 compression ratio. When I got the bike the intake looked as though it has had a stage 1 install of some sort. It still has the stock air cleaner cover, but the back cover was removed, and there is a K&N type element in there (I understand that the MOCO was using them back then). The exhaust was not stock either.....looking like some sort of no name slip on's were installed.
I have since changed all the fluids, oil filter....installed new plugs, and Taylor Thunder Volt plug wires. I have basically done the entire 5K service....and installed a set of V&H Big Rad pipes.....I did all the work myself.

The bike runs fine....and I have checked the plugs several times and they are a nice tan color although a bit lighter than I would like. The only time it feels a bit funny.....like it had a slight stumble at 0-1/4 throttle at low RPM, and light load. Any other time it runs very strong.

What I want to know is if there were any downloads, or upgrades to the ECM. I can find no evidence of any aftermarket fuel management products, but how would I know if a stage-1 DL was done, or if a SERT was installed? If I take it to the dealer and have them check it out would they be able to tell me exactly what was previously done to the bike...as far as the ECM at least?

I would also like to install a set of higher performance cams...gear driven, but I dont know if these SE's came off the line with different cams than the standard 88ci of the time....or if a set of SE cams were installed at the factory.....thats my other question. If anyone knows for sure what the stock cams were, and what would be a good upgrade it would be very helpful.

Thanks Bros!

Old 11-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 95" Screaming Eagle engine???

It sounds like SE Pro Big Bore Kit Stage II for EFI – 1550CC (SE-203 cam) with SE Stage I air filter most likely.

If it was done by a dealer they would have all the record of it. You could be close to 90 H.p and over 90 for T.q. only knowing exactly what it was built with from a dealer will you be able to closely estimate the H.p and T.q.

You can see a close approximation of the SE output graphs compaired to stock TC-88 in the '07 SE Pro Racing parts book on page 23, and with the '08 book on page 25.

I good chance they just tuned it to SE map or did a SERT. Unless you find a PCIII hidden away someplace. Many dealers are fond of SERT's and PC-III for some reason. (they tend to stear away from DTT, not figured that out yet)

If a private shop did all the work then you have to research the previous owner and find the shop. I'd start with the any H-D dealer and have them look up your VIN.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:14 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing is that in 2003 this bike came from the CVO factory with a 95" engine already in it. It is a Screaming Eagle Deuce. There was no kit installed. The MOCO was using the 95ci engine as opposed to the 88ci engine on its CVO bikes back then.

Another question I have is if the clutch is stock or a SE unit....its sure hard even after I adjusted it and lubed the cable.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:20 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Here are the factory specs on the bike.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...ftailDeuce.htm

Old 11-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: biz44

The thing is that in 2003 this bike came from the CVO factory with a 95" engine already in it. It is a Screaming Eagle Deuce. There was no kit installed. The MOCO was using the 95ci engine as opposed to the 88ci engine on its CVO bikes back then.

Another question I have is if the clutch is stock or a SE unit....its sure hard even after I adjusted it and lubed the cable.
Even though its not a kit, it still stands to reason that some of or all the components within the "Kit" may or have been used.

As for the clutch that would also stand to reason it has a stronger spring for off setting the increased Hp, and Tq.

I'd still check the VIN with the dealer and ask some of the sales persons as to what historical litterature is on the bike other than 1550 CVO. That is pretty broad.