General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMA article, very worrisome.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 AM
espacef1fan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA article, very worrisome.

Teenagers..thats where I think the tiered liscence system should come into play....as much as I would have claimed i was..I was in no way ready to handle a sportbike back in the day..lol
Unfortunately..in this country all people want to do is find problems..cry and then make noise...not fix anything....even if the fix is free or cheap....

Bob, I fear you are correct on this one...about the premiums.....the ban may succeed though....especially if Hillary gets in office.....but thats another story....

Old 11-25-2007, 11:50 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

There is so many layers to this issue, the least of which is actual safety. If you've read the linked article, the classifications are ridiculous. If not taken seriously now, they will come after us next.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:57 AM
lolife
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: zuma

There is a large number of people that drive sport bikes and should not have a license. Cutting other motorists off, whipping through all kinds of roads. They see the stuff on tv and go and try it in the local. I am sure the stats support the dangers. I hope it does not end up affecting the tour and cruise market. The gov could put restrictions on engine power who knows...

HHMMMMMM................sounds like me...except I ride harley's..............
You would think after 20 years.....they would just give me a license............ . . . . ....................

Old 11-25-2007, 01:11 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lolife

There is a large number of people that drive sport bikes and should not have a license. Cutting other motorists off, whipping through all kinds of roads. They see the stuff on tv and go and try it in the local. I am sure the stats support the dangers. I hope it does not end up affecting the tour and cruise market. The gov could put restrictions on engine power who knows...
You would think after 20 years.....they would just give me a license............ . . . . ....................
BEAUTIFUL. I think I like this guy.
So many people here think a LICENSE means they have the skills. They think they are superior,safer, more experienced riders because they ride a harley. What a JOKE.
The most experienced BIKER I know rides a KAWASAKI Z1000.

Why do I call him a BIKER?
He went 25 years without owning a cage. He only rode.
I asked him one day wasnt he to old to ride something like that.
His answer?
He said he was too old NOT to ride something like that.
You think you ride better than him cause you ride a Harley?
You think that little piece of paper says you are a skilled safe rider?
gimme a break.

Some of the WORST riders Ive ever seen have been on Harleys

Old 11-25-2007, 01:26 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lolife

LMAO...I thought the same thing...no dice.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:38 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy **** some of y’all are hypocrites. Wait…wait, let me see…Harley riders, traditionally antiestablishment, go their own way, don’t give a rat’s *** what anyone says or thinks about em, but…and get this, they think that banning a certain class of motorcycle is all right?!?

So wait, no one should step on their rights, but its ok do so to others?!?

C’mon, for fcks sake…kids are kids and apparently too many of y’all have forgotten what it’s like; if it ain’t a sportbike, it’s gonna be something else. You can’t regulate teenage testosterone. Banning bikes just because of their capabilities is idiotic at best.

By the way cookiemech, you think sportbikes are bashed around here, visit a couple of sportbike forums... it’s rather tame around these parts.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:15 PM
NY_Rebel
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: zombie

Holy **** some of y’all are hypocrites. Wait…wait, let me see…Harley riders, traditionally antiestablishment, go their own way, don’t give a rat’s *** what anyone says or thinks about em, but…and get this, they think that banning a certain class of motorcycle is all right?!?

So wait, no one should step on their rights, but its ok do so to others?!?
And just where did you get this idea from????
No one in this thread has even remotely indicated they thought any type of ban on any bikewas a good idea....

Old 11-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am more angered by the stupid sportsbike riders that have caused all the trouble and attention that it has come to this.

[:@]

Old 11-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Twolf
Road Master

Y'all ever think that maybe WE should target the IIHS???

!0,000+ e-mails, put in a NICE way, but DEMANDING a thorough, objective, honest investigation and a REAL study of alla this might result in something we could live with.

You can also foward that article to yer lousy politicians and at least let them know that we are keepin' an eye on their responses to this crap.

Jus' Sayin'...

Old 11-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

I moonlight at a local ER and I've seen the same idiot rider in there twice for crashing his crotch rocket at high speed, both times he was lucky to live. It's not the bike it's the riders that need to be regulated.

Quick Reply: AMA article, very worrisome.