General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does EVERYBODY wear a Harley "logo" jacket??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No. I have 3 riding jackets, but they are not HD jackets. I don't mind spending money for quality stuff, but I think the HD brand jackets are way over priced.
Tom

Old 02-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tee shirts and a baseball cap. I am very happy with my Leather Up Jacket and chaps plus I saved a bundle and spent it on chrome.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:02 PM
slick10
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only tee shirts!

Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
nolafishr
Banned

I do not understand it, Lots of You Say No because the Leather and Shirts are Made in China or some other Foreign Country, buy You Go and Pay all this Money for a Motorcycle that most of the Parts are Made in Mexico or some other Foreign Country.
Lots of You say Buy American and this is what you call Buying American? Would some of you care to Chime in on this?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:09 PM
rkcvince
Advanced

I have one, but it was a gift from my parents. I bought my chaps and my HD brand riding boots at fleet farm.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
SIXR
Banned

Who cares where Harley jackets are made or how much they cost. They have the coolest designs.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nolafishr
I do not understand it, Lots of You Say No because the Leather and Shirts are Made in China or some other Foreign Country, buy You Go and Pay all this Money for a Motorcycle that most of the Parts are Made in Mexico or some other Foreign Country.
Lots of You say Buy American and this is what you call Buying American? Would some of you care to Chime in on this?
Let's see....

H-D does have foreign parts but I figure a lot less than other brands(i.e. Honda, Yamaha, etc. - I'm not sure about Victory's percentage). If we want to own a motorcycle(newer one anyway), we're obligated to buy one with foreign parts.

I will say this. Every time I go to buy a part for the bike or add some chrome to it, I look first and foremost for parts 'Made in USA'. Only after exhausting all avenues I can, do I bite the bullet and buy what is out there(i.e. foreign in most cases). Doing so has made me decide if I want a particular chrome piece or not. If I can't find the 'Made in USA' part, I seriously think, "Do I REALLY need or want that part?". If I can live without it, then it doesn't get bought.

Now on parts we can't do without - i.e. maintenance & wear-n-tear items - sometimes the ONLY recourse we might have is to buy foreign made.

But given a chance between buying a part foreign or American, if AT ALL POSSIBLE, I will buy American. And, yes, I have sometimes paid a few more dollars for the part that way. But I figure it's worth it to keep American companies running.

And how did a 2-year old topic get revived in the first place?

Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,221 Likes on 4,771 Posts

Got a few things that say Harley. Some I wear from time to time. Some I don't. Seems the older I get the less I want to advertise for someone that isn't paying me to do it.
Since I stopped buying Harley Branded clothes allot of people I know have started giving me T shirts and sweat shirts from Harley shops. My lead driver called me this morning wanting me to meet him in Bloomsburg PA tomorrow so we can go to Vreeland H-D. He said he'll buy me a shirt (his last name is Vreeland). I told him I'd be glad to go but I don't want any more shirts. He already gave me one from there last year and he gave me a FLSTC table lamp a few weeks ago. I told him stop buying me Harley chit and just buy me beer. He said OK.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

Wife and i have H-D leathers, they look good and are comfy to wear.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior

My gas tank has HD on it, who would of thunk! L.ray

Quick Reply: Does EVERYBODY wear a Harley "logo" jacket??