General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posting Advise: Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 PM
harleyeglideman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Posting Advise: Please Read

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
rickxx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: kingk9

ORIGINAL: whaap

ORIGINAL: Bluetoys

AND, if it isnt too much to ask...
Proofread what you have typed before you hit OK. Add that extra period or comma, if needed. Take the time to spell the words correctly. If you are (not your) trying to make a point, add a smiley so the guy you're (not your) replying to sees that you are joking. Try not to make an entire post be one sentence. Not sure if it is spelled correctly? Type it into google and hit enter, it will usually ask you if you are looking for ... and it is usually spelled correctly.
MODS: would it be possible to have the spellcheck feature added to the reply box?
LOL. Maybe we should have an "entrance exam" for those people wanting to become membersand "renewal exams" anually for existing members!!!!!!
Perhaps it is time for a "poster's manifesto". Maybe punishment for bad grammer, or burning at the stake for misspelled words. Say you're only allowed 1 redundant question per month, exceed that, and have your computer taken away for a week. Repeated offenders could be taken before a group of self chosen internet experts, and possibly banned from the internet, or in extreme cases, killed outright. I like the turn that this whole thing is taking. I mean, whole governments in Europe were formed in the 30s and 40s based on the same concept. I've always thought that we need more rules and oversite. If we try hard enough, we can completely sap the fun out of the place. Come on guys! We can do it if we try![sm=imsmilin.gif]
and you're a good speller!thank you and you're welcome.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

[sm=confused06.gif]I guess someone forgot to add your name to the moderators list.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:18 AM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 03-26-2008, 01:14 AM
Bluerose

The first post is excellent...Thanks

As for this one:
ORIGINAL: Bluetoys

AND, if it isnt too much to ask...
Proofread what you have typed before you hit OK. Add that extra period or comma, if needed. Take the time to spell the words correctly. If you are (not your) trying to make a point, add a smiley so the guy you're (not your) replying to sees that you are joking. Try not to make an entire post be one sentence. Not sure if it is spelled correctly? Type it into google and hit enter, it will usually ask you if you are looking for ... and it is usually spelled correctly.
MODS: would it be possible to have the spellcheck feature added to the reply box?
Yes it is to much to ask...Last I checked this is not school or work. How I type and get my point across is my prerogative. If you don't like it don't read it and for gods sake don't correct it....

Some folks are not steller typers. Some folks are not previous english majors. They are just folks.....

I have a couple of disorders..I'm slightly dyslexic and my eyes move in a way that actually misses words. Then there is the whole problem of not being able to spell easy common words but I can spell something like "anthropomorphic" withoutthe slightest problem (even know what it means).

Nuff said...