General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended Dealers in Chicago Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:21 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommended Dealers in Chicago Area

In the nextfew weeks Ihope to lay down my money for a new bike ( if I can find someone to take me down to the DMV to renew my bike certification ), most likely an EG ultra. I have been infive of the local dealers so far and of those five, only attwo could anyone be bothered to see if I needed help. Now I admit I am "middle aged" and have been dressed in business attire not my normal knocking around clothes, but come on, I at least look like I can afford anything I want!

Anyhow, before I mention who I have seen so far I wanted to solicit some opinions from those who have already dealt with some of these dealers.

Many thanks in advance,
Harry

Old 05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Recommended Dealers in Chicago Area

If your up for a drive go to Uke's In Kenosha, WI.

Ask for Gino, he will help you. Great guy and a rider not just a sales guy. Ask for no delivery & no set up fees, and under MSRP.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My #1 recommendation in Chicago is: Illinois Harley Davidson. Sales staff has gone through some changes, but from the sale through the service you can't go wrong. Sam can help you in sales, George in service, all else Tim is the GM. Someone who raced motorcycles running the operations is getting harder to find. If their bagger allocation is spent, Lake/Shore has the largest bagger allocation in the area. You can always call Russ or Stacy if you get ignored on the sales floor.Marty at Chicago's Glenview store or Kim at the Western ave. store can help. Dave at Conrad's, Warren at Crete, Joy at Oak Lawn, many choices here. Need more pointers? PM me. Being the long time former Public Relations Director at Chicago ABATE gives me a little more insight than average. Running motorcycle stores (as well as car stores) adds to the "Hot Buttons"

Old 05-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a drive south three hours to Danville, Il. Gutterridge Harley-Davidson. 217-446-4555, ask for Roger. I will treat you right and sell at MSRP.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 PM
francis
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the UK, I hired an Ultra from Woodstock Harley Davidson, they are the most helpfull dealership I have ever bein in, I went on route 66 to California, when I rang up to thank Paul at Woodstock, he told me to keep the Ultra for a few days more, I got 3 days more than the month I had paid for. I went down south for a few days San Deago etc, put over 4k on the bike in just over a month, Have recomended them to every one i know. Carpe Diem.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:30 PM
bluebagger06
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my streetglide from Marty at chicago harley,$19,000 otd w/chrome lowers installed.Called around and no one could touch that price.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:45 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

ORIGINAL: francis

I live in the UK, I hired an Ultra from Woodstock Harley Davidson, they are the most helpfull dealership I have ever bein in, I went on route 66 to California, when I rang up to thank Paul at Woodstock, he told me to keep the Ultra for a few days more, I got 3 days more than the month I had paid for. I went down south for a few days San Deago etc, put over 4k on the bike in just over a month, Have recomended them to every one i know. Carpe Diem.
+2 for Woodstock HD. Bought my bike from there and they are a little high for service and parts but are stand up folks and a great place to work with.

I would also reccommend City Limits HD in Palatine Illinois.
Also great folks and good service.
MikeM

Old 05-15-2008, 07:37 AM
DoomBuggy
Road Master

Thanks for the feedback so far. I have been to a couple of the dealers mentioned. I will check out the others.

As an aside, what kind of deal should I be expecting? I will be laying somewhere between$5k to $10k down and financing the rest. With the MoCo cutting 700 some jobs, reporting a 40% hit in their finance department, and the general malaise in the economy is anyone dealing on the big bikes or should I expect to pay full MSRP + all the usual fees?

Thanks again,
Harry

Old 05-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Add my votes for IL Harley-Davidson and a close second to City Limits (when did they change their name from Suburban?). Both are excellent choices.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:04 AM
boone432
Road Captain

Woodstock HD... Or kutter HD in Janesville, WI. But, if you're up for a long drive, I bought my bike in northern Wisconsin at northern lights harley davidson in arbor vitae wisconin.it was a drive, and a decent ride home, but they treated me great and I saved a grand or two. I dealt with devin....pretty cool guy

Quick Reply: Recommended Dealers in Chicago Area